04-28-2012, 09:27 PM
User Info
Greetings Shave Nook,

Over the last couple months I have been the recipient of some creams and soaps from kind friends, but as my mainstay is Mitchell's Wool Fat I would like to pass them along to an active duty member. Included in the lot is:
  • New tube of Nivea Shave Cream
  • New tube of Rise Shave Gel
  • Partial tub of RazoRock XXX Shave Soap (75%)
  • Partial tub of Orange Essential Oil Shave Soap (75%)
  • ...and as a bonus one of my new refill pucks of MWF

If you are an active service member and are interested in the lot of soaps and creams, please post your interest in this thread. I will leave the PIF open until Monday, April 30th, at 7:00 PST at which point I will randomly select the winner.

Good luck!

[Image: ActiveDutyPIF001.jpg]
[Image: ActiveDutyPIF002.jpg]

51 387
 04-28-2012, 09:55 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
I am not active duty but just wanted to say that this is a very generous offer. Thank you Michael.

45 16,346
 04-28-2012, 10:03 PM
User Info
Very nice.

184 12,003
 04-28-2012, 10:14 PM
User Info
Nicely done. I'm not active duty. Does it matter which countries active duty?

32 6,309
 04-28-2012, 10:15 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
This is an excellent pif with some excellent products for a very worthy cause.

Thanks for doing this.

(I am not eligible for this pif)

173 23,540
 04-28-2012, 10:23 PM
User Info
(04-28-2012, 10:14 PM)ShadowsDad Wrote: Does it matter which countries active duty?

Idea The Shave Nook is international, therefore, so shall be the PIF.

51 387
 04-29-2012, 12:56 AM
User Info
I am a career officer in the RNoAF but for the most part I move papers around, so I can't really say I'm on active duty... last I was running around in the bush was in Africa, which is where I also honed up my DE technique Biggrin

3 3,578
 04-29-2012, 07:03 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
(04-29-2012, 12:56 AM)WegianWarrior Wrote: I am a career officer in the RNoAF but for the most part I move papers around, so I can't really say I'm on active duty... last I was running around in the bush was in Africa, which is where I also honed up my DE technique Biggrin

If you're not retired, you're active duty and qualify for this pif.

I don't live in Norway, but thank you for your service anyway.

173 23,540
 04-29-2012, 10:32 AM
User Info
Very, very kind!!!
Jim

0 475
 04-29-2012, 08:02 PM
User Info
Great PIF, from a super gentleman! Well done, Michael!

75 20,883
 04-29-2012, 09:50 PM
User Info
(04-29-2012, 07:03 AM)Johnny Wrote:
(04-29-2012, 12:56 AM)WegianWarrior Wrote: I am a career officer in the RNoAF but for the most part I move papers around, so I can't really say I'm on active duty... last I was running around in the bush was in Africa, which is where I also honed up my DE technique Biggrin

If you're not retired, you're active duty and qualify for this pif.

I don't live in Norway, but thank you for your service anyway.

If that is all it takes I would be honoured to be considered Blush Since I know shipping internationally isn't free, I'll be happy to pick up the tab for shipping too if I would be lucky enough to get picked.

Serving for Norway (and by extension; NATO and the UN) isn't bad at all even if it is somewhat of a lifetime commitment if you decide to go for officer training... I done 19 years so far and got 18 years left before I'll retire.

That's me around this time last year; "enjoying" the warm weather in South Sudan and really enjoying learning to shave all over again Tongue

3 3,578
 04-30-2012, 08:18 AM
User Info
Monday bump for the PIF. At this point it looks like the WegianWarrior has at least a 25% chance of winning. Biggrin

Whether anyone else enters of not, I have decided to "sweeten" the PIF a little bit by including some samples of Martin de Candre and TFS Bergamotto Neroli. They are both fantastic soaps, but I still tip my hat to MWF.

51 387
 04-30-2012, 03:05 PM
User Info
Poonjaji and I have discussed this and it's been agreed upon.

I'm kicking in a retail size of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum. The winner has the choice of Original formula with rum and Bitrex, or the reformulated version with none of that. It'll ship separate from the rest of the PIF.

So the winner gets their face taken care of during the shave and after the shave.

Good luck!

32 6,309
 04-30-2012, 06:58 PM
User Info
I have consulted random.org and the winner of the PIF is...celestino!

Actually the winner is The Shave Nook's sole active duty member Badger WegianWarrior!! Badger Hans, if you can send me and ShadowsDad your mailing information we will get your "luxury on a small budget" packages in the mail. We hope you enjoy!

51 387
 04-30-2012, 10:36 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Congratulations to Hans. He will be looking and smelling good in Norway.

173 23,540
 04-30-2012, 11:16 PM
User Info
Thank you, thank you, thank you... both of you. PMs sent.

Colour me honoured and surprised... and somewhat puzzled too. Armed forces around the world - even the somewhat ragtag army in South Sudan - focuses on hygiene and clean shaves. Since traditional shaving do give a better, longer lasting shave - even if it takes a few minutes more - we should logically be overrun by guys like me.

Perhaps it's a bit of inertia. As we all know, the safety razor first took off in a huge way with World War One where all servicemen were equipped with a government issue razor. They took their razors home after the war, and with that the habit of using it. Same thing in WW2 off course... and today. Back when I started my career I got a Sensor starter kit (handle, five cartridges and a can of goo) which they at least were decent enough to let us know was a promotion from Gillette. I'm assuming this still goes on and not just in Norway... Most guys don't like changes - they will happily (or not so happily) plod along the same old track, using the same old handle until the cartridges are not sold no more. Then they will grab a new razer of the shelf since they have to shave, and still be in the same rut... And off course, it's a little faster in the morning.

At least I'm doing my bit and promoting DE shaving to colleagues Wink

Okay.. that was a long rant... again, thank you both. I'm really, really looking forward to sampling the soaps, creams and aftershave AaaaaAaaaa

3 3,578
 05-01-2012, 12:11 AM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
Congratulations! That was a very generous PIF.

45 3,955
 05-01-2012, 03:23 PM
User Info
WW, the reformulated bay rum went out this morning.

If it doesn't make it in one piece let me know and I'll try again. I sure hope it goes across the pond in a pressurized cabin. I never shipped anything liquid to Norway before, please PM me the condition and when it arrives.

Hans, I served from '70-'73 and we were on our own as far as shaving went. Some of us were even accused of putting milk on our face and having the cat lap it off in the hopes of a shave Biggrin (really). My point is that the US military doesn't get razors supplied. Or at least they didn't in those years, maybe they do now. We had cigarettes in every C-Ration pack though.

32 6,309
 05-01-2012, 05:02 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
If the bottle bust open in flight, that will be the best smelling plane over the Atlantic.

173 23,540
 05-01-2012, 06:17 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Congratulations, Hans and a big thank you to Poonjaji and Brian for doing this. Thumbsup

2 11,211