01-14-2014, 08:41 AM
  • rsp1202
  • Los Angeles
User Info
I'm just on the cusp of being uncomfortable with the short/Bulldog handles on my DE's. So far I haven't dropped any, but do move my hand around a lot while shaving to re-grip, so sometimes wish for a slightly longer handle.

I've got a short-barreled Progress I like very much but am thinking of getting the Mergress extended knob for a slightly longer hold. I also have an EJ DE89 Barley that feels slippery and short-ish to me, and have a Weber PH Bulldog en route and may face the same problem.

It's not just the knurling, or lack thereof, but the length that bothers me. I don't like the looks of the Weber Classic handle -- it just looks too long and not right to me. The Tradere might be too long also.

I am considering the Ikon Bulldog (II) handle at 85mm for use on the both the EJ and PH. There's also the UFO Kaiser Short. Anyone have any suggestions or insights on if I'm taking the right route here? Thanks in advance.

20 1,603
 01-14-2014, 08:59 AM
User Info
Since UFO isn't taking any orders at the moment you might consider Will Quiles (wquiles) who makes custom titanium handles. He made one for me to my specifications that I am very happy with. Good luck.

http://shavenook.com/thread-will-quiles-...ium-handle

0 15
 01-14-2014, 10:07 AM
User Info
I have used the Ikon Bulldog II handle with quite a few heads including the EJ DE89 and Muhle R89 Jet. I think the handle is a perfect compliment to these heads IMO. Either way it is a great handle.

[Image: SS_140114.jpg]

47 385
 01-14-2014, 10:37 AM
User Info
You would be surprised how comfortable the Weber Classic handle is. I have one and it isn't too long. If you don't like the aesthetics of it, then that is another problem and you will have to go with something else.
Best of luck.

75 20,883
 01-14-2014, 12:07 PM
User Info
I know how you feel, well somewhat as I only have 2 razors, one of which I use. Anyway....... I also felt the Bulldog by Weber was too short and the classic too long. The Tradere though is perfect! The current tradere handle is 3 5/8 ", a 1/4" shorter than the Weber Classic and 5/8" longer than the Weber Bulldog. But as always YMMV.

0 295
 01-14-2014, 01:36 PM
User Info
I have the Weber Classic handle and it's nice, it looks long but not difficult to use. The 85mm iKon Bulldog is another good one. The handle that really nails it for me though is the ATT Kronos. At 3 1/2 inches it's perfect for me. I had tried to get one made by UFO but was told they are not taking orders and that was a few weeks ago. Maybe when they get up and running again I'll see if I can get one made to the specs I want.

41 471
 01-14-2014, 05:34 PM
  • rsp1202
  • Los Angeles
User Info
Lots of great advice; thanks. I've gone ahead and ordered the Ikon Bulldog 85mm handle, and sent an email to UFO about the Kaiser Short, so maybe I'll get on a list someday. The Tradere interests me -- I was going to pop for one for the Huntlee anyway, and getting one now kills two birds, etc. The Tradere website lists a Signature model; is that the standard handle? I read an old thread from a year and half ago here about there being a shortened version, but couldn't find any more info about it, so don't know if that ever came to be or if it turned into today's Signature.

20 1,603