03-01-2012, 02:07 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Well, with my Floid Blue episode yesterday it started me thinking.

I need to find out more about the other Floid products. Here are the ones I'm talking about.

1. Floid Amber (comes in the neat 400 ml bottle)

2. Floid Suave

3. Floid Vigoroso

Anyone that has had experience with any of these, chime in and give me your thoughts.

173 23,492
 03-01-2012, 09:18 PM
User Info
(03-01-2012, 02:07 PM)Johnny Wrote: Well, with my Floid Blue episode yesterday it started me thinking.

I need to find out more about the other Floid products. Here are the ones I'm talking about.

1. Floid Amber (comes in the neat 400 ml bottle)

2. Floid Suave

3. Floid Vigoroso

Anyone that has had experience with any of these, chime in and give me your thoughts.

The only one I have smelled was the Floid Vigoroso and I found it an interesting scent but I do not know how it compares to the other Floid scents. I do know that my wife did not like it at all and was quite specific in her description of the scent. But scents are always the type of thing that one needs to smell in order to decide for themselves. Luckily for me, my wife was able to take all the pressure off of me on making that decision.Biggrin

0 123
 03-02-2012, 04:25 AM
  • mboschm
  • Unregistered
User Info
I've never tried the Italian floid, but, as far as I know, it has got less menthol, and the scent is sweeter and "talcum powder-like"
About vigoroso and suave, they're pretty much the same, although vigoroso has got some more menthol (the difference isn't that big, though) the scent is basically: menthol/mint candy top notes, sweet middle notes and spicy base notes, although in Vigoroso, the menthol smell is stronger. They don't last as long as the urban legend says (I suspect that, since it is pretty cheap in Spain, and you can buy it in 500 mL bottles, our grandfathers "bathed" on it, so the smell really lasted on them), let's say that they last long enough to erase all the soap/Cream scent (unless it's something really strong, like tabac), but, after half an hour, other people can't smell it unless they put their nose close to you.

03-02-2012, 07:49 AM
User Info
I've used Italian Amber and Spanish Suave.
I'm told the Vigoroso is basically the same as the Suave, but with more menthol.

They both felt great on my face and worked well.

I preferred the Italian for the scent.
The scent is difficult to describe.
Musky, powdery, sweet, candy-like are adjectives that come to mind.
Both are too sweet for my taste.
They are somewhat similar, but the Suave was sweeter smelling.
The Italian is a more crisp, dry scent.

I sold off the Suave, and didn't replace the Italian.

1 77
 03-02-2012, 10:25 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Well, I got a bottle of the Floid Suave delivered today from Phil at BullGoose. I will let you know what I think of it tomorrow when I use it.

Just taking off the cap and having a sniff, I kind of like the way it smells. But applying it to your face is the ultimate test.

173 23,492