01-15-2014, 09:41 PM
User Info
Good Evening Gentlemen,

I want to introduce myself. I have been blessed with the opportunity to share my new business adventure with TSN. I opened my site in October 2013 selling just my bath soaps, and now that I have that side of the business stable, it's time to work on the shaving soap side, which is the main reason I started this adventure. I have received great feedback from local merchants who sell my shave soaps, and I hope that you guys will enjoy as well.

All of my soaps are unique in that they are all made with Beer. I take beer from all over the world, and then I develop bath and shaving soaps out of them. My bath soaps and my shave soaps do not use the same ingredients, because a good bath soap does not make a great shave soap. While it is fun to pick soaps made out of beer, there are many great reasons to substitute beer instead of water when soap making. Beer is heavy in fermentable sugars which helps to promote a dense lather. My site is geared toward men, as we just do not have enough bath products that are made with the gentleman in mind.

Onto the soaps....My shaving soap ingredients are Beer, Tallow, Palm Oil, Stearic Acid, Castor Oil, Shea and Cocoa Butters, Coconut Oil, Glycerin, Fragrance (Essential Oils, fragrance, or a combination) and Kaolin Clay. The oils are saponified with Sodium Hydroxide and Potassium Hydroxide which produces a softer soap. We use a variety of beers including some craft beers that are sold here in Alabama. The soaps are shipped as Pucks that measure 3" X 1", and they are approx. 4 ounces wrapped in filter paper.

Currently there are 4 scents available, but I will be releasing several more shortly
Bay Rum made from Red Stripe
Lime and Black Pepper made from Corona
Italian Bergamot and Patchouli made from Peroni
Spearmint & Eucalyptus made from Fosters

There are many great Artisan shaving soaps available, and I hope you can find room for one more. I am always open to suggestions, comments, criticism, etc., and please bear with me during the initial month or two. Customer Service is very important to me, and I want to make sure that you are happy with my products as well as my business. My store can be found at my website, beersoapbrewingcompany.com It is not very flashy, but it gets the job done.

Thanks,
Kevin
Beer Soap Brewing Company

1 184
 01-16-2014, 01:36 AM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Being both a beer and shaving "connoisseur", the product sounds great Kevin and I'm interested in your:
and
I reside in Australia, do you ship internationally?

91 17,875
 01-16-2014, 08:56 AM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
The Lime and Black Pepper sounds awesome.

Love how the beer choices seem to inspire the fragrance choices. Will be placing an order soon.

Welcome to the "Nook". Hope you feel right at home.

14 1,177
 01-16-2014, 10:44 AM
User Info
Congratulations, Kevin, and welcome to the site!

Boy, your soaps do sound very interesting, indeed! Smile

75 20,883
 01-16-2014, 11:00 AM
User Info
Congratulations, Kevin. Which of your bath and shaving soaps are made with only essential oils?

47 1,270
 01-16-2014, 11:50 AM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Welcome and good luck with your venture, Kevin. Smile

2 11,211
 01-16-2014, 11:53 AM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
Welcome aboard!

10 1,858
 01-16-2014, 01:14 PM
  • ischiapp
  • Ischia, Naples, Italy
User Info
Great idea Kevin.
GLWTS Tongue

0 1,096
 01-16-2014, 05:52 PM
User Info
(01-16-2014, 01:36 AM)ben74 Wrote: Being both a beer and shaving "connoisseur", the product sounds great Kevin and I'm interested in your:
and
I reside in Australia, do you ship internationally?

I do not have international shipping set up yet on the site, but I can certainly ship something to you. I will PM you the information. Thanks Again
-Kevin

(01-16-2014, 11:00 AM)kentclark Wrote: Congratulations, Kevin. Which of your bath and shaving soaps are made with only essential oils?

All of the soaps I have listed right now are FO, or EO/FO. I will have soaps in the near future that are EO only.

Thanks,
Kevin

1 184
 01-16-2014, 05:59 PM
  • JRod22
  • Baltimore
User Info
Your soaps sound cool. Look forward to reading some reviews on them.

0 49
 01-16-2014, 06:00 PM
User Info
Thanks, Kevin

47 1,270
 01-25-2014, 06:23 AM
User Info
I have uploaded a quick lather demonstration to youtube. Please forgive the preloaded sound Biggrin

1 184
 01-25-2014, 03:22 PM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
Nice looking lather!

10 1,858
 01-25-2014, 04:37 PM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
I did my first shave with BSBC Lime and Black Pepper today.

Shave started with a soak of the brush in hot water, and some hot water sitting on top of the soap that I had pressed into my glass holder. I shook the brush just enough so that it wasn't dripping and poured the water off the top of the soap. I skipped the 10 second load and went all out with a sixty second load (I like a thick lather with lots of cushion). Even with the wet brush the soap does require more water than I am used to, but this is not a bad thing at all as it allows you to really dial in your lather consistency.

The scent of the soap is great. I get more beer and black pepper than I do lime. The scent is not over powering at all, and is very pleasant to my nose.

The lather seems very stable. I am learning to shave with a straight so my shaves take considerably longer than normal as I fiddle with keeping the blade dry, angle and grip issues that take time to learn when you are starting with a straight. Still even with all that, I only had to reapply lather once to my chin after working on my neck; and each time I went back the lather in the bowl was very moist and consistent. However for this reason I will be shaving with this soap all week long as I use a DE during the week and my shaves do not take long at all (maybe 15 minutes).

At the end of my shave I always reapply my lather as if I'm going to do another pass. I do this to see if the soap is going to give me any irritation on my freshly shaved skin. I am happy to report that the lather gave me no irritation and did not dry on my skin while I was washing and drying my razor, bowl, and brush. With my long load time I was rewarded with a ton of thick lather. The lather had great glide and cushion and left my face feeling very soft.

I finished up my shave with some cold water and witch hazel. Then the application of some Myrsol Blue and USB. It is during the USB application I really get a chance to examine the condition of my skin and feel the effects of the shave and the soap. The soap did leave me feeling very moisturized, but its winter and the USB is needed anyway so it was applied.

I think that Kevin really has a great product here. The pucks are large, as you can tell in the video, and they are easy to mold into the vessel of your choice. I chose a 1 cup Pyrex with lid. I will be using this soap all week, and hope to write a more extensive review at the end of it, but my initial impressions are very good. I am very happy with this purchase and Kevin went out of his way to make sure my order got out and delivered.

14 1,177