01-16-2014, 03:54 PM
User Info
I just got my Weber in the mail the other day and mated it with my Tradere handle. Perfect match. I have entertained the idea of purchasing a Tradere SB head but I want to know how it compares to the Weber is terms of aggression. Edit. Would mating the Tradere with one of my spare Bulldog handles make a difference?

0 295
 01-16-2014, 04:03 PM
User Info
I find the Tradere SB to be very mild, yet effecient. I would rate it milder than the Weber Polished. The fit & finish of the Tradere razor is top notch.

63 2,128
 01-16-2014, 04:19 PM
User Info
(01-16-2014, 04:03 PM)cessnabird Wrote: I find the Tradere SB to be very mild, yet efficient. I would rate it milder than the Weber Polished. The fit & finish of the Tradere razor is top notch.

All I really have is the weber and fatip. Fatip being way to aggressive and, well, the Weber just right with a nice sharp blade. I know I will never truly know unless I purchase one though. But I hope not too mild.

0 295
 01-16-2014, 04:30 PM
User Info
It is no where near the FaTip in aggressiveness, but I personally find the SB too mild for my tastes. Some swear by it though. The OC version is definitely more aggressive than the Weber and similar to the FaTip, maybe a tad more comfortable and forgiving. Good luck on your hunt.

63 2,128
 01-16-2014, 04:35 PM
  • rsp1202
  • Los Angeles
User Info
(01-16-2014, 04:03 PM)cessnabird Wrote: I find the Tradere SB to be very mild, yet effecient. I would rate it milder than the Weber Polished. . .

Really? I thought it was the other way around. I have a Weber en route, so now I'm a bit worried.

I just got an Ikon Bulldog 85mm handle, and it's very nice, but not effectively longer than what I already had. The Tradere handle was another recommendation, so I guess I should have listened and measured better.

20 1,601
 01-16-2014, 06:17 PM
User Info
Yes, the SB is more mild than the Weber. The closest razor I can compare the SB to is the R89, which shaves very similar. Both to me are good shavers in general.

I think you will really enjoy the Weber razor. They are gorgeous stainless pieces that offer the perfect balance of aggressiveness, smoothness and forgiveness. The finish is also really nice on the top caps, mirror finish.

63 2,128
 01-16-2014, 07:15 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
The Tradere SB is an excellent razor. Unfortunately I just sold mine to raise some funds for other goodies.

Once you get used to the blade angle it shave great. Remember, the blade lies flat in the Tradere, not curved like in other DE razors. It does take some getting use to but when you find that spot it is hard to beat.

173 23,504
 01-16-2014, 07:38 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Kind of like the PILS and the Ikon clones

6 1,913
 01-16-2014, 08:26 PM
User Info
Personally, I found the Tradere SB a tad more aggressive than the Weber PH; not much, but a bit. Of course, YMMV! Biggrin

75 20,883
 01-16-2014, 11:57 PM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
(01-16-2014, 08:26 PM)celestino Wrote: Personally, I found the Tradere SB a tad more aggressive than the Weber PH

Same thing here, for me the SB is more aggressive (but still on the mild side) then the Webers, both are fantastic shavers!

27 1,294
 01-17-2014, 09:01 AM
  • ojinsa
  • San Antonio
User Info
I shaved with my Tradere SB this morning so I can write my recent reflections on the aggressiveness of the razor. Before I even begin shaving, one of the first things I am reminded of is its heft and how beautifully made the razor is. It really is a well made tool.

As the others have said, the blade rests flat on the bottom plate rather than curved as in most other DE razors. Because I don't shave with a flat blade on a daily basis, a little extra attention has to be paid to shaving technique; the blade profile isn't the only reason to pay attention to technique, the head is wider than most razors and navigating the areas under the nose and neck are trickier for me with this razor. I paired the razor with a once-used Perma-Sharp blade.

Post shave I can honestly say that I wouldn't characterize this razor as aggressive, nor would I characterize it as mild, but I would characterize it as efficient, much more efficient than most razors. I got an irritation-free BBS shave with one pass. I believe it's much more efficient than the Weber PH razor with less irritation. Again, this is just my own impression of how this razor works for me, and as always YMMV.

27 860
 01-17-2014, 09:47 AM
User Info
(01-17-2014, 09:01 AM)ojinsa Wrote: I shaved with my Tradere SB this morning so I can write my recent reflections on the aggressiveness of the razor. Before I even begin shaving, one of the first things I am reminded of is its heft and how beautifully made the razor is. It really is a well made tool.

As the others have said, the blade rests flat on the bottom plate rather than curved as in most other DE razors. Because I don't shave with a flat blade on a daily basis, a little extra attention has to be paid to shaving technique; the blade profile isn't the only reason to pay attention to technique, the head is wider than most razors and navigating the areas under the nose and neck are trickier for me with this razor. I paired the razor with a once-used Perma-Sharp blade.

Post shave I can honestly say that I wouldn't characterize this razor as aggressive, nor would I characterize it as mild, but I would characterize it as efficient, much more efficient than most razors. I got an irritation-free BBS shave with one pass. I believe it's much more efficient than the Weber PH razor with less irritation. Again, this is just my own impression of how this razor works for me, and as always YMMV.

Well, I do not get any irritation with my Weber. No Burn after shaving with it and a Personna Red. That being said and the and fact the Tradere is middle of the road I am going to stick with my Weber for now. Plus why mess with a good thing. You guys definitely made this a lot easier.

0 295
 01-17-2014, 10:14 AM
User Info
Probably a good thing as I think they're out of stock and no one seems to know when they might be available.

41 471
 01-17-2014, 02:54 PM
User Info
I agree with the characterizations of this razor as "efficient." I get more reduction on the first pass than it feels like I'm getting, and more than I get with any other razor in my arsenal except the FaTip, but the Tradere is much less aggressive than the FaTip, if that makes any sense.

It's smooth sailing all the way to a very good shave for me. I'd say the aggressiveness is similar to a Fatboy on about 6 or 7, but it's smoother.

Really a great razor. Still the best razor I've ever tried.

1 1,103