01-16-2014, 04:13 PM
  • JRod22
  • Baltimore
User Info
Has anyone tried one of the HTGAM razor's yet? Just found out about them. Look pretty cool. They added a purple tip to the handles, 3 different models. Anyone know if they are made by an existing company or anything? Just curious.

Trying to replace my go-to heirloom black handled SS with something I don't mind beating up with everyday use.

0 49
 01-16-2014, 04:17 PM
User Info
I just noticed them today as well, they look pretty cool for a budget razor. I like the purple tips.

63 2,128
 01-17-2014, 01:41 AM
User Info
Someone told me that there is a review of these razors somewhere around TSN. Is that true? And could anyone post a link? Thanks.

0 2
 01-17-2014, 05:30 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
If there razors are as good as their soaps then you have a winner. I like the purple handle. Looks cool.

100 12,442
 01-17-2014, 06:25 AM
User Info
From what I've read, they come from the same factory that makes the Matador and Maggard razors.
So, you already know what to expect. Wink

2 5,532
 01-17-2014, 07:31 AM
User Info
^ This

Just another rebrand. How many of the same razors do we really need in the market? Maybe I'm let down by this after seeing the struggles some are willing to go through to bring a truly innovative razor to the market rather than using something already existing and putting a new superficial look on it.

31 7,914
 01-21-2014, 02:04 PM
  • JRod22
  • Baltimore
User Info
Point well made. While I agree this razor is probably just a different cosmetic spin on razors already available to the public, that's part of any industry and part of building a brand. I can't think of any industry were competing brand do not offer very similar products. If you can't innovate, you have to at least match the competition and hope that your "brand" pulls more customers to buy your products than the competitor. Can't be upset with HTGAM for trying to expand their brand. They do make a fantastic soap with innovative large surface area tins and new scents not offered by other companies.

With all of this being said, I won't be picking up one of their razors, but wouldn't mind seeing a review of someone that does.

0 49