01-17-2014, 10:16 AM
User Info
There is an older thread on here about the Weber handles being to loose on the heads. I noticed the Tradere is much tighter. There is some play however and this I the only 3 piece razor I own. Will this be a problem down the line or am I ok?

0 295
 01-17-2014, 10:19 AM
User Info
Mark, I have never had any issues, whatsoever, with my Weber DLCs in over 2 years of almost daily use. Granted, I use UFO handles, but I also still have two Weber Bulldog handles and I have seen no ill effects. Smile

75 20,883
 01-17-2014, 11:03 AM
  • MaxP
  • Madison, WI
User Info
All threaded parts have a "Class of fit." It's basically tolerances.

I experienced the sloppy fit on an early Weber ARC. I now have a Weber Polished Head. The fit is much better on the PH.

Other razors vary. ATT is a very nice fit as is the Feather AS-D2.
Generally, closer fit is an indication of higher quality and care in manufacture. Hence, many low-cost imported products have a VERY sloppy fit. Closer tolerance equals higher cost.

As there is little in the way of actual strength requirement to hold a head to a handle, loose fit will not likely be a problem in the lifetime of most of us.

47 1,378
 01-17-2014, 11:20 AM
User Info
(01-17-2014, 11:03 AM)MaxP Wrote: All threaded parts have a "Class of fit." It's basically tolerances.

I experienced the sloppy fit on an early Weber ARC. I now have a Weber Polished Head. The fit is much better on the PH.

Other razors vary. ATT is a very nice fit as is the Feather AS-D2.
Generally, closer fit is an indication of higher quality and care in manufacture. Hence, many low-cost imported products have a VERY sloppy fit. Closer tolerance equals higher cost.

As there is little in the way of actual strength requirement to hold a head to a handle, loose fit will not likely be a problem in the lifetime of most of us.

Thats what I figured. So a little play is acceptable.

0 295