02-25-2012, 04:15 PM
User Info
I have one brush with a 27mm knot and another one of 26mm coming and cannot find a proper stand for them. I bought several stands from acrylic to chrome plated but none fit. Right now I am using a Muhle chrome plated that barely fits the brush and I always have to pay attention at hairs caught between the handle and the stand.
Very few sites have the correct description or dimensions for these stands.
What do you guys use for knots bigger than 25mm?

7 358
 02-25-2012, 09:36 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
VerbaVolant Wrote:I have one brush with a 27mm knot and another one of 26mm coming and cannot find a proper stand for them. I bought several stands from acrylic to chrome plated but none fit. Right now I am using a Muhle chrome plated that barely fits the brush and I always have to pay attention at hairs caught between the handle and the stand.
Very few sites have the correct description or dimensions for these stands.
What do you guys use for knots bigger than 25mm?

The Thater stand that I had on clearance probably would have worked for the 27mm knot. I am out of them but you may be able to find it at Royale Shave or Straight Razor Designs.

45 16,285
 02-26-2012, 02:25 AM
User Info
The Vulfix stand is nice and inexpensive:

[Image: P1040883.jpg]

In the picture: Semogue 2000 (25mm), T&H/Rooney 1/3 Silvertip (26mm) and an Omega #48 (27mm)

2 5,527
 02-26-2012, 03:01 AM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Plisson make 2 plexi brush stands. The larger one accommodates size 16 (24mm) upwards and would be suitable for your brush.

<!-- m -->http://www.rasageplisson.com/epages/161 ... viteurs%22<!-- m -->

91 17,801
 02-26-2012, 09:42 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
oversaturn Wrote:The Vulfix stand is nice and inexpensive:

[Image: P1040883.jpg]

In the picture: Semogue 2000 (25mm), T&H/Rooney 1/3 Silvertip (26mm) and an Omega #48 (27mm)

Thanks for this information. I was getting ready to take a Dremel tool to a couple of mine. Glad I don't have to.

173 23,492
 02-26-2012, 11:14 AM
User Info
oversaturn Wrote:The Vulfix stand is nice and inexpensive...
I have a Vulfix (Ivory) and although it is the largest acrylic stand I have it will not fit my Omega 49 (27mm).
I will keep searching.

7 358
 02-26-2012, 12:24 PM
User Info
You can have an acrylic stand made to order with any size brush opening for a very reasonable price at Cutting Edge Razors (<!-- m -->http://www.cuttingedgerazors.com<!-- m -->). I had them make a double stand with openings of 30mm to hold my really large brushes (e.g. PL14 Manchurian) while they're drying.

183 12,002
 02-26-2012, 05:00 PM
User Info
churchilllafemme Wrote:You can have an acrylic stand made to order with any size brush opening for a very reasonable price at Cutting Edge Razors (<!-- m -->http://www.cuttingedgerazors.com<!-- m -->). I had them make a double stand with openings of 30mm to hold my really large brushes (e.g. PL14 Manchurian) while they're drying.

This is really your best way of going if you want a stand and need a particularly large one. He'll work with you as well as I wanted one that stood taller that I could hang the brush from the middle or handle of the brush instead of at the knot and got a particularly large one. I read somewhere he did a massive largescale brush/razor holder of like 28 each if I remember right. I would've loved to have seen a pic of that! bn

10 456
 02-26-2012, 05:25 PM
  • etoyoc
  • NW Indiana
User Info
kooshman7 Wrote:
churchilllafemme Wrote:You can have an acrylic stand made to order with any size brush opening for a very reasonable price at Cutting Edge Razors (<!-- m -->http://www.cuttingedgerazors.com<!-- m -->). I had them make a double stand with openings of 30mm to hold my really large brushes (e.g. PL14 Manchurian) while they're drying.

This is really your best way of going if you want a stand and need a particularly large one. He'll work with you as well as I wanted one that stood taller that I could hang the brush from the middle or handle of the brush instead of at the knot and got a particularly large one. I read somewhere he did a massive largescale brush/razor holder of like 28 each if I remember right. I would've loved to have seen a pic of that! bn

hmmm.... I might just have to put an order in. Thanks!

0 253
 02-26-2012, 05:26 PM
User Info
VV, I wouldn't worry too much about a stand. I do believe that they weren't even used many years ago. If you've noticed the lettering of all brushes faces the butt and the old brushes are all flat on the end. I set mine in the window sill with the brush facing up.

JMHO, if you gather and use a number of them, why bother?

2 546
 02-26-2012, 05:40 PM
  • etoyoc
  • NW Indiana
User Info
PanchoVilla Wrote:VV, I wouldn't worry too much about a stand. I do believe that they weren't even used many years ago. If you've noticed the lettering of all brushes faces the butt and the old brushes are all flat on the end. I set mine in the window sill with the brush facing up.

Personally, I haven't used them. However, as my supplies are kept on an overhead shelf, and I have had some dropping issues recently, I was thinking a good stand might help.

0 253
 02-26-2012, 09:10 PM
User Info
PanchoVilla Wrote:VV, I wouldn't worry too much about a stand. I do believe that they weren't even used many years ago. If you've noticed the lettering of all brushes faces the butt and the old brushes are all flat on the end. I set mine in the window sill with the brush facing up.

Maybe I shouldn't worry. I do get attached to things and they become precious to me after a while, so I try to take good care of them with the hope they last.
On the other hand, maybe the wet-dry cycle is what wears them faster.

7 358
 02-27-2012, 03:07 PM
  • river1
  • Coastal South Carolina
User Info
You do need a bath area with some air circulation or reasonable space and a little sunshine IMHO.

11 303