10-10-2015, 08:19 PM
User Info
will order some woody's sounds great. how do you think it will work with long hair. also its pretty straight on top and toward the bottom gets pretty curly. mine is a couple or more inches past the top of the shoulders and ive been trying everything. i do not want grease, to much shine, or a sticky mess. looking for a nice dry look non sticky type hold. does not have to be super strong just looking for that naturally messy type look. my wife wants it all cut back off though so i may not be able to keep it for to long. she wants me to buzz cut it again but i personally hate that look on me and im a bit thinned on top the longer hair helps hide that imo

16 660
 10-10-2015, 10:06 PM
User Info
I used Crew pomade for years, but a couple years ago I switched to Paul Mitchell Tea Tree styling gel. Both are excellent but the Tea Tree lasts much longer and cost a few dollars less so I stick with it usually. I don't think it gets much better than those two products for the price (about $16 for Crew and $14 for Tea Tree). My wife has been a hair stylist for about 25 years and she is picky about the products I use and turned me on to both of those which I agree were much better than stuff I had used prior. I'm sure there are other good performing pomades and gels out there but of the dozen or so I tried these work best for me.

13 947
 10-11-2015, 05:26 AM
User Info
American Crew is the only pomade I use. Absolutely love it. Never crunchy, good shine, and nice hold

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

0 517
 10-11-2015, 05:39 AM
User Info
O'Douds All Natural Pomade

I prefer the water based and use it much more often than the other $100+ worth that I tried out.

31 7,981
 12-11-2015, 12:11 PM
User Info
I recently read some reviews on Axe hair products and thought I would try a couple of them out.  I don't generally like Axe but for the price I took the plunge.  I used their pomade and grooming cream.  I actually like both of them and the smell isn't half bad.  The pomade is a medium hold and the cream is a more natural look but both hold my hair pretty good and I have a lot of it.  My hair is very straight and hard to manage so the fact that both of them work on me is pretty good.  I normally use Tres Flores pomade but hate the fact that I have to order it online.  You can pick up any of the Axe products at most stores for a pretty good price.

0 94
 04-25-2017, 12:07 PM
User Info
I like water based, and believe it or not, haven't found anything that competes with Dollar Shave Club boogies pomade.  Really great stuff!

2 50