01-23-2014, 12:22 PM
  • TheMonk
  • Super Moderator
  • Porto, Portugal
User Info
I'm not one to make public announcements or anything of the sort, but I'm going to make an exception and open a thread here to thank Brian aka ShadowsDad for a truly generous offer, I hope he doesn't mind.

When Brian noticed my recent interest in SE razors, he PMed me offering two of his razors that he had not been using lately. I received these two beauties a few days ago, and I'm still perfecting my technique to shave with them, but I can already say they are both wonderful shavers.

Here they are:

GEM Clog Pruf Micro Matic
[Image: GEM_Clog_Pruf_Micro_Matic_1.jpg]

[Image: GEM_Clog_Pruf_Micro_Matic_3.jpg]

GEM Open Comb Micro Matic
[Image: GEM_Open_Comb_Micro_Matic_1.jpg]

[Image: GEM_Open_Comb_Micro_Matic_3.jpg]

It's also important to say that, previous to a few posts on the Would a SE be better thread, me and Brian had no previous contact, so this kind offer was truly out of the blue, for me. I must say that my appreciation for this forum and its members has been growing by the day, I certainly hope we can maintain it this way for years to come.

Thank you again, my friend, and I will make sure to repay your generosity.

26 4,952
 01-23-2014, 12:26 PM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Good show Brian!

I'd like to thank Brian too - for giving the world his wonderful aftershave! Biggrin

99 18,011
 01-23-2014, 12:40 PM
User Info
Agree! I too have had a generous offer from Brian.

31 1,800
 01-23-2014, 12:51 PM
  • Coyote
  • Hondo, TX USA
User Info
Kudo's Brian....I can see you blushing from here! Biggrin

This makes me glad I used Frostbite today!

Well done!

Monk-Enjoy!!

4 2,822
 01-23-2014, 01:08 PM
  • Triad
  • Triad Razor Handles
  • Texas
User Info
Good job Brian!!

118 1,708
 01-23-2014, 01:34 PM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
Excellent.

This community is truly the best online community I've ever been a part of, and it's members like Brian that make it so.

I'd also like to agree with Ben. Thank you for giving us your wonderful aftershave.

18 1,186
 01-23-2014, 02:20 PM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Very nice gesture, Brian! Clap

102 18,668
 01-23-2014, 03:42 PM
User Info
I'd like to pile on the praise dog pile for Brian. A true gentleman full of integrity and generosity. And he makes a mean aftershave.

47 1,270
 01-23-2014, 03:48 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Ditto, ditto, and ditto to everything that has been said above.

179 23,927
 01-23-2014, 04:27 PM
User Info
The Micromatic I find to be an all round good razor - and Brian is an all round good guy Wink

3 4,666
 01-23-2014, 04:51 PM
  • TheMonk
  • Super Moderator
  • Porto, Portugal
User Info
I guess I'll have to try the aftershave, if Brian is able to make an exception and ship it out of the US. Smile

26 4,952
 01-23-2014, 04:55 PM
User Info
(01-23-2014, 04:51 PM)TheMonk Wrote: I guess I'll have to try the aftershave, if Brian is able to make an exception and ship it out of the US. Smile

you can order from italian barber Smile

7 1,624
 01-23-2014, 05:36 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
Let me let everyone on a not so secret SECRET... Brian lures you in with a couple of nice razors.(He gave Sav 3 including a much sought after Gem J-Bar Lather catcher). Then he wiggles the bait (Teaches you so subtlety the proper technique) Then he SET'S THE HOOK !!! And your sold on the world of a LIFETIME of great Single Edge shaves....

I will include my thanks to that dastardly deft Jedi Master of the SE experience....

Mr. Krampert is a fine example of the many gentleman found here on The Shave Nook. I'm sure we,The Shave Nook membership, will keep the tradition going....

HAPPY SHAVES....

5 1,151
 01-23-2014, 05:59 PM
User Info
so basically what you tell is - brian a razor-pusher - heh? Biggrin

for me that sounds like a good deal with the best of intentions!

(01-23-2014, 05:36 PM)savagejoerude Wrote: Let me let everyone on a not so secret SECRET... Brian lures you in with a couple of nice razors.(He gave Sav 3 including a much sought after Gem J-Bar Lather catcher). Then he wiggles the bait (Teaches you so subtlety the proper technique) Then he SET'S THE HOOK !!! And your sold on the world of a LIFETIME of great Single Edge shaves....

7 1,624
 01-23-2014, 06:05 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
Haha. He's the KINGPIN of the LOSER Cartel. SE's are like CRACK! lol

(01-23-2014, 05:59 PM)tonsorius Wrote: so basically what you tell is - brian a razor-pusher - heh? Biggrin

for me that sounds like a good deal with the best of intentions!

(01-23-2014, 05:36 PM)savagejoerude Wrote: Let me let everyone on a not so secret SECRET... Brian lures you in with a couple of nice razors.(He gave Sav 3 including a much sought after Gem J-Bar Lather catcher). Then he wiggles the bait (Teaches you so subtlety the proper technique) Then he SET'S THE HOOK !!! And your sold on the world of a LIFETIME of great Single Edge shaves....

5 1,151
 01-23-2014, 06:17 PM
User Info
Great gesture, Brian, and enjoy the SEs, David! Biggrin

83 21,109
 01-23-2014, 06:52 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
say Brian ...play it forward with one of your Stramline Ever Ready SE razors and i,ll send you a FUSION PROGLIDE.....and a can of Fusion spray goo...just a thought....

6 2,044
 01-23-2014, 08:28 PM
User Info
Blush Shucks! Well, thanks, it was my pleasure; really.

Monk, You had an interest; I had something you needed. It just made sense to me. It makes me feel good to do things like that. Plus, how else would I be able to lure you over to the SE side? (Sav is right. I just wish he hadn't blown my cover. )

About the AS... I simply can't send it out of country by any cost effective means. But Italian Barber can since he's based in Canada and isn't bound by our ridiculous postal laws. If one gets caught the penalty is far too high.

Harvey, you're confusing me with someone who has a Streamline. Biggrin I really don't own even one. That would be Brian "Sharpspine" that I suspect you're thinking of. He's younger, lighter, and far more handsome than I am.

Thanks guys! This is a great forum because of you all.

32 6,470
 01-23-2014, 09:24 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
opps...well then a Cobra will do...sorry...

6 2,044
 01-23-2014, 11:25 PM
User Info
(01-23-2014, 09:24 PM)Harvey Wrote: opps...well then a Cobra will do...sorry...

No big deal, that's why I gave you a smile. No need to be sorry. I was tickled that you'd confuse me with someone much better looking than I am.

Biggrin I don't have a cobra either; I'm purely a vintage SE razor user. I'm not an injector person since they have no sound effects. OK, plus I'm too frugal for either a Cobra or a Streamline. The expense simply won't give me a shave that's better than I presently get. If there's no payback for me I don't want it. OK, allow me to explain, a user ER '24 sells for what? $20 for a high? Maybe more if it's pristine with a great case. It gives great sound and an easy BBS. For a Cobra to be cost effective it would need to give a shave 10x better. How does one get a shave 10x better than a BBS? Plus no sound? Not in my cabinet. I'm not putting down folks who like them. It's YMMV, but they simply aren't for me. I like the fact that the Cobra exists. It shows that good SE razors made today have a chance. But for the near future modern SE razors won't be ones that use a full size SE blade since there is a huge reservoir of inexpensive vintage SE razors that are inexpensive.

You notice how I'm trying to turn this thread away from the original intent of the OP, yes? Not unintentional. I appreciate the appreciation, but it's Blush as someone wrote.

32 6,470