01-24-2014, 03:18 PM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
There are many people here who claim SI as their favorite blade so I decided to order some even though I have more razor blades than I'll need in a year. But when I did a search both of these came up, and to make matters worse it appears they are both made by the same company, Zyletec. Which ones are you all talking about? Is there a difference?

7 2,281
 01-24-2014, 04:07 PM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I only use two different blades and this is one of them. These are the Polsilver I use.

[Image: Sq36CAP.jpg]

175 23,752
 01-24-2014, 04:37 PM
User Info
Those are my faves to Johnny! Great blade! Biggrin

47 385
 01-24-2014, 05:02 PM
  • Mouser
User Info
Thank you gentlemen. It's what I thought but I wanted confirmation.
Thanks.

7 2,281
 01-24-2014, 05:06 PM
User Info
there is a difference. i suggest you try them both and find out. i use only iridium super.

7 1,624
 01-24-2014, 06:17 PM
  • celar36
  • Enjoying Life 1 shave at time
  • London, UK
User Info
Zyletek means in Polish "Blades"

Company who made Super Iridium was called Wizamet. they start with production of "Polsilver" blades the next one was "Iridium" and later was"Iridium Super" . The first came in yellow boxes while Iridium Super came in Blue one. Later on when Wizamet was bought by Gillette the boxes become brown for Polsilver, iridium disappear and Iridium Super continue in same manner. Furthermore, logo and name Wizamet was removed to say on all packages in Polish language "Distribution St.Petersburg, Russia. At some point gillette came to conclusion that will be easier to sell them all blades while they call them PolSilver Super Iridium to make connection for eastern european market that is still the same "old Wizamet product"

The PSI and SI should be the same but since then they move production to new factory out of Lodz City where all it begin. Iridium super is the same as Super Iridium. I think they reverse it to make easier to say it. More natural

Sorry for offtopic but it help understand difference between PSI and SI.

I could make mistake somewhere if I did please correct me. This is what I remember from my grandad in Poland. I will have all his stash of Wizamet blades coming next monthSmile 1000+ Smile

Pictures of some new packing of SI starting in 1980s plus their predecessor Iridiums and polsilvers. Please mind that even on old Iridiums still say Polsilver(the connection I was writing about):

[Image: IMAG0022.jpg]
image upload

11 880
 01-24-2014, 10:22 PM
User Info
(01-24-2014, 05:06 PM)tonsorius Wrote: there is a difference. i suggest you try them both and find out. i use only iridium super.

+1 I would have to agree with Marius on this as I noticed a substantial difference between the 'original' Super Iridiums/Iridiums Super and the newer Polsilver Super Iridiums in the brown/blue box. I much prefer the 'original' ones in the all-blue box.

You can still buy these from a member here in Spain who regularly supplies them.

82 21,056
 01-25-2014, 12:39 AM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
Not to mention the:

[Image: BRKyifD.jpg]

0 1,733
 01-25-2014, 01:20 AM
User Info
(01-24-2014, 05:06 PM)tonsorius Wrote: there is a difference. i suggest you try them both and find out. i use only iridium super.
+1 another vote for the original. My favorite blades.

24 227
 01-25-2014, 06:59 AM
  • Mouser
User Info
Ok, thanks. I'll try them all. I get one more purchase of blades then there's been a moratorium announced in this house on shaving product purchases. You can bet I'm not the one who made that announcement. You can also bet I'm going to honor it. gulp!

7 2,281
 01-25-2014, 09:54 AM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
(01-25-2014, 06:59 AM)Mouser Wrote: Ok, thanks. I'll try them all. I get one more purchase of blades then there's been a moratorium announced in this house on shaving product purchases. You can bet I'm not the one who made that announcement. You can also bet I'm going to honor it. gulp!

Welcome to the club.

175 23,752
 01-25-2014, 10:51 AM
User Info
moratorium - i wonder how that feels... in my household there is no such thing. if i go bananas for something it eventually calms down or dies out all by itself. everything is ok as long as regular bills are handled. that said - shaving gear might be my least expensive "addiction". i use $6000 for tea every year and that is very welcomed in my household - since everyone agrees with it as a lifestyle and enjoy it as much as i do. i don't have a car. i own my property. i am not rich but have no debts. by norwegian standards i am in fact very poor. i never go on vacation. i don't gamble or do drugs or drink alcohol. i fish - write - drink tea - shave and read books. so i think no need for moratorium here Blush

7 1,624
 01-25-2014, 12:38 PM
User Info
(01-25-2014, 10:51 AM)tonsorius Wrote: moratorium - i wonder how that feels... in my household there is no such thing. if i go bananas for something it eventually calms down or dies out all by itself. everything is ok as long as regular bills are handled. that said - shaving gear might be my least expensive "addiction". i use $6000 for tea every year and that is very welcomed in my household - since everyone agrees with it as a lifestyle and enjoy it as much as i do. i don't have a car. i own my property. i am not rich but have no debts. by norwegian standards i am in fact very poor. i never go on vacation. i don't gamble or do drugs or drink alcohol. i fish - write - drink tea - shave and read books. so i think no need for moratorium here Blush

* Boy, Marius, I think we could have many long and interesting discussions, you and I! Biggrin

82 21,056
 01-25-2014, 01:10 PM
User Info
(01-25-2014, 12:38 PM)celestino Wrote: * Boy, Marius, I think we could have many long and interesting discussions, you and I! Biggrin

certainly my friend. better see each other tête-à-tête in the (relatively) near future then Cheers

7 1,624
 01-25-2014, 03:22 PM
User Info
Too many "iridiums"! I have the Iridium Supers from St. Petersburg, which are not pictured above. And I love them!!

3 543
 01-28-2014, 03:25 AM
  • Mouser
User Info
(01-25-2014, 10:51 AM)tonsorius Wrote: moratorium - i wonder how that feels... in my household there is no such thing. if i go bananas for something it eventually calms down or dies out all by itself. everything is ok as long as regular bills are handled. that said - shaving gear might be my least expensive "addiction". i use $6000 for tea every year and that is very welcomed in my household - since everyone agrees with it as a lifestyle and enjoy it as much as i do. i don't have a car. i own my property. i am not rich but have no debts. by norwegian standards i am in fact very poor. i never go on vacation. i don't gamble or do drugs or drink alcohol. i fish - write - drink tea - shave and read books. so i think no need for moratorium here Blush
It's about room my friend, room.

7 2,281
 01-28-2014, 04:01 AM
User Info
 01-28-2014, 05:03 AM
  • Shaun
User Info
200 Polsilver Browns arrived today. Happy.

I like them, Gillette Platinums, Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum Blues, Gillette Superthins (Thai), sometimes an Astra. Plenty of all in stock.

That's it. It's taken 2 years to narrow down.

When I started Feathers were all anyone ever talked about. They are now off the boil it seems.

0 1,733
 01-28-2014, 05:36 AM
User Info
(01-28-2014, 05:03 AM)Shaun Wrote: 200 Polsilver Browns arrived today. Happy.

I like them, Gillette Platinums, Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum Blues, Gillette Superthins (Thai), sometimes an Astra. Plenty of all in stock.

When I started Feathers were all anyone ever talked about. They are now off the boil it seems.

polsilver browns are very good blades in my book. i could have used them as my only blade. where did you acquire those?

7 1,624
 01-28-2014, 05:41 AM
  • Shaun
User Info
(01-28-2014, 05:36 AM)tonsorius Wrote:
(01-28-2014, 05:03 AM)Shaun Wrote: 200 Polsilver Browns arrived today. Happy.

polsilver browns are very good blades in my book. i could have used them as my only blade. where did you acquire those?

http://www.shaving.ie/products/200-polsi...lades.html

You can buy less, but they are expensive... so the greater the number, the cheaper. The Aussie dollar is dropping in value, too, so I had to get them now or regret it later.

Fast postage too. I figure they'll just disappear one of these days.

Let me know if you order them, just out of interest. I find them an absolutely superb blade and better, IMO, than the Iridium Super/Super Iridium

0 1,733