01-24-2014, 04:53 PM
User Info
Hans have you seen the Netflix original series "Lilyhammer"?

I won't tell you what it's about other than "cultural differences", but it's hysterically funny. If you get the chance to watch it it's worth it. I hope that it's pure fiction.

32 6,470
 01-24-2014, 04:58 PM
User Info
i've seen a few episodes and it really is funny. i can assure you it's not fiction Biggrin

7 1,624
 01-24-2014, 08:10 PM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
I really enjoy this show and I was happy to see they've finally finished and released season 2. I've always been a huge Steven Van Zandt fan and "Sil" was my favorite character on the Sopranos.
I like the mix of English and Norwegian, I don't understand a darn thing they say but it cracks me up...especially when they get into arguments!

31 1,510
 01-24-2014, 10:24 PM
User Info
Some days, I wish I had TV so I could understand what you lads are on about. Biggrin

83 21,109
 01-25-2014, 11:25 AM
User Info
Lilyhammer is funny - but thankfully not reflecting realities... too much Wink

3 4,670
 01-25-2014, 01:39 PM
User Info
(01-24-2014, 10:24 PM)celestino Wrote: Some days, I wish I had TV so I could understand what you lads are on about. Biggrin

Celestino, I watch it via the 'net on my computer. With a Netflix membership, just watch a show the first time and the software you need will be downloaded and set up on your computer and away you go. You will need a good broadband connection. A fast data bus in your computer also helps. If your computer is fairly recent you shouldn't have a problem. My old computer (RIP) had problems with traffic on the bus and at times the picture would go black. It worked as long as I didn't move the cursor and didn't watch in HD.

When our old tube TV gives up the ghost I'll set it up with a Roku box and then I'll watch them on the new TV. Until then it's the computer monitor. I really am quite frugal. I use stuff hard, put it away wet, and don't get rid of anything until it really is dead. :-)

32 6,470
 01-27-2014, 12:05 PM
User Info
I've watch one episode but never went back. Maybe I'll give it another try. I love Netflix, hardly watch network programming anymore. Some of the BBC programming is really great. Netflix has gotten a lot better in the last few months with a lot better viewing choices.

46 489