01-24-2014, 06:16 PM
User Info
The main thing I like about Wet Shaving is that we are all unique. I went to Bruce On Shaving and he nailed it. I never really thought about it but when you use a Cartridge and that canned goo what individuality do you have? Not a whole lot. With Wet Shaving you can customize your experience. Whatever and however many soaps or creams, dozens of different blades if not more, the different types and looks of brushes, Mixing head with handles.

0 295
 01-24-2014, 06:52 PM
User Info
I agree... There is a sense of pride one takes when wet shaving.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

0 35
 01-25-2014, 04:46 AM
User Info
the fact is i used to be a sloppy lazy shaver that detested shaving. could go a month or more without shaving. now i'm transformed to a lovely well shaven person with whiter teeth - smaller wallet and happier life Biggrin

7 1,624
 01-25-2014, 10:36 AM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Mind you if you read the LA Times business section today P @ G sales have been "shaved by the facial hair trend'...so Gillette is promoting body razors for manscaping...(below the neck)...interesting short article.CoolCoolCool

6 2,045
 01-25-2014, 11:26 AM
User Info
I've always enjoyed shaving. I 'm 66 yrs. young and can recall going with my mother to the local drugstore for my first razor. I can recall watching my dad with a hot towel around his face doing his prep. Even during my misspent youth using cartridge razors I enjoyed shaving. In the last few years there have been a lot of great products brought to the market place and that helps keep everyone's interest going. For a long time I was mostly a minimalist but my shave cabinets are bulging and I love every minute of it.

46 489
 01-25-2014, 11:47 AM
User Info
I too love the uniqueness. We all have a nice selection of soaps, creams, brushes, razors, blades, etc from which we can pick and choose what is best for us. We also have gear from economy to expensive. Kinda subjective but I think you know what I mean. We also have a wonderful camaraderie among the members - we are able to share our shaving experiences and learn from others. We are all on equal terms and I believe we respect each other's views and opinions. I get a great deal of fun and comfort from a shave. Also, IMHO The Nook is great!!

Take care,
Ed

22 764
 01-25-2014, 11:50 AM
User Info
I agree completely, Ed. Both the variety of products/equipment and the fellowship are valuable to me.

207 12,352
 01-25-2014, 12:34 PM
User Info
The process, variety, scents, education, exploration & journey.

192 1,588
 01-25-2014, 12:35 PM
User Info
(01-25-2014, 04:46 AM)tonsorius Wrote: the fact is i used to be a sloppy lazy shaver that detested shaving. could go a month or more without shaving. now i'm transformed to a lovely well shaven person with whiter teeth - smaller wallet and happier life Biggrin

Good one, Marius! Biggrin

83 21,110
 01-25-2014, 01:02 PM
User Info
The variety is awesome. I always amaze people with how much stuff their actually is to wet shaving. Most have no clue any of this stuff even exists

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

0 63
 01-25-2014, 01:24 PM
User Info
(01-25-2014, 01:02 PM)sharpedge1188 Wrote: The variety is awesome. I always amaze people with how much stuff their actually is to wet shaving. Most have no clue any of this stuff even exists

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

True. We're still a relatively small segment of the larger group.

9 1,208
 01-25-2014, 03:08 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
I've been wet shaving since 1962. As I purposely have avoided Facebook, Twitter, and social media in general, I was unaware of product availability, and have shaved with the Slim, Super Adjustable, and Fat Boy that I had purchased new, and whatever soap and blades that I could find in drug stores. Then I accidentally discovered the forums about a year ago, and now am embarrassed to admit the amount of hardware and software in my possession. I just want to try everything that I've missed out on all these years. However, as much fun as I've had and am continuing to have shaving with the wonderful products that are now available, what I like most about wetshaving is that it has given me a modality to interact with the kind and gracious people on this forum, people I would have never gotten to "know" otherwise. As a child, I loved having a pen pal in Japan, and now I feel that I have pen pals from around the world. Most of the people on this forum are really special people.

38 5,197
 01-25-2014, 07:09 PM
  • Rufus
  • Greater Toronto Area
User Info
I like the ritual of it, as well as the vast selection of quality products to enjoy. This makes my morning shave enjoyable and not a chore. I find the feeling of a well shaved face most uplifting.

7 934
 01-25-2014, 07:47 PM
User Info
As a husband, father and high school teacher, I have precious little time strictly for me. My newfound enjoyment of traditional shaving has allowed me to enjoy some "me" time.

3 93
 01-25-2014, 07:52 PM
User Info
(01-25-2014, 03:08 PM)evnpar Wrote: I've been wet shaving since 1962. As I purposely have avoided Facebook, Twitter, and social media in general, I was unaware of product availability, and have shaved with the Slim, Super Adjustable, and Fat Boy that I had purchased new, and whatever soap and blades that I could find in drug stores. Then I accidentally discovered the forums about a year ago, and now am embarrassed to admit the amount of hardware and software in my possession. I just want to try everything that I've missed out on all these years. However, as much fun as I've had and am continuing to have shaving with the wonderful products that are now available, what I like most about wetshaving is that it has given me a modality to interact with the kind and gracious people on this forum, people I would have never gotten to "know" otherwise. As a child, I loved having a pen pal in Japan, and now I feel that I have pen pals from around the world. Most of the people on this forum are really special people.

* Richard, you have eloquently stated the best part of this wonderful journey for me, as well, as long as the beautiful photos that I get to look at, every day! Biggrin

83 21,110
 01-26-2014, 08:36 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Wet shaving is all I've ever known. To me it's the "me" time, that zen moment in the morning. Like others, before the internet and forums I was a minimalist. Then I met some stranger named Ben down under and my life has changed. For the better I might add.

But the best thing about it that I most enjoy is that my wife tells me that for an old guy I still look and smell good.

179 23,930
 01-26-2014, 09:41 AM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
(01-26-2014, 08:36 AM)Johnny Wrote: Wet shaving is all I've ever known. To me it's the "me" time, that zen moment in the morning. Like others, before the internet and forums I was a minimalist. Then I met some stranger named Ben down under and my life has changed. For the better I might add.

But the best thing about it that I most enjoy is that my wife tells me that for an old guy I still look and smell good.

And after 46 years of marriage, there is hardly anything better than to have my wife say that I look good, even though I know that she isn't always telling the truth.

38 5,197
 01-26-2014, 03:47 PM
User Info
(01-26-2014, 09:41 AM)evnpar Wrote: And after 46 years of marriage, there is hardly anything better than to have my wife say that I look good, even though I know that she isn't always telling the truth.

I see that with age you gentlemen seem to be getting funnier! Biggrin

83 21,110
 01-26-2014, 07:35 PM
User Info
The soaps, the aftershave, my butterscotch brush, making nice warm lather and. . .just about everything. I love feeling clean all day after a shower and shave that morning. To top it off, there's the great people on the forum.

0 31
 01-27-2014, 06:32 PM
User Info
I like going to the spa every morning while I shave. That's the best part.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

0 11