04-30-2012, 11:02 AM
  • MrGuy
  • Black Hills of SD
User Info
It looks like the house I'm renting is being sold, again! This happened to me a few years ago. I guess it's to be expected to some extent, but it sure is annoying! The property agent told me that they're going to have a crew come some time in the next few weeks to put on a new roof, and thanked me for letting them know when the hail storm damaged it... LAST YEAR! The worst part is that with the added expense of moving, I don't think I can swing the custom brush handles that I was planning for groomsmen gifts for my wedding in December. Oh well, after the wedding we're going to meet with some realtors and look into buying. That should cut down the stress, right?Wink

1 101
 04-30-2012, 11:08 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I guess that's one of the downsides of renting a house. I feel your pain. I hate moving with a passion.

187 26,214
 04-30-2012, 11:20 AM
User Info
I bought a house about a year before getting married - better than having to bring the Better Half around to look at houses after the fact, even more so since she was set to travel halfway across the world (that, and she wouldn't have to move twice in short order)

Renting is stressful. Owning is also stressful, for different reasons. At least you wont have to deal with a landlord that only shows up to collect rent... been there, done that.

I hope things work out for you - both in regards to the move, the wedding and hopefully the groomsmen gifts too.

3 7,283
 04-30-2012, 11:45 AM
User Info
Having moved around about a half-dozen times over the last decade, I completely understand your pain. Moving is evil!

All the best with it. I hope things work out for you.

39 1,750
 04-30-2012, 11:55 AM
User Info
Best of luck, Sir. Ugh!

My wife and I will see a local house we really like and for a nano second fantasize about selling our house and shopping around. Then we realize we'd have to move. Not worth it!

73 4,356
 04-30-2012, 12:28 PM
  • Howler
  • A calamophile and vintage razor lover
  • Fort Smith AR
User Info
Moving is the pits. Wishing you the best.

1 3,507
 04-30-2012, 12:35 PM
User Info
I'm sorry to hear it Andy. Moving is certainly a huge PITA. At my age I couldn't imagine doing it again, even being able to have someone else doing all the heavy lifting wouldn't entice me. Short of having the neighborhood go to the dogs, I'm done.

2 546
 04-30-2012, 01:31 PM
User Info
The wife and I have been in our house since July 1971, and all our kids grew up here. I got it for $21,500 with a 4% OR GI loan. It's paid for and we are very fortunate.

So much of the kids junk is stored in our attic and basement that we couldn't move if we wanted to (which we don't).

0 1,377
 04-30-2012, 03:36 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
Moving has to be my least favorite chore. I told my wife the other day that I am only moving two more times in my life. Once for our dream house (if we ever find it) and once for my final resting place. Biggrin

53 21,655
 04-30-2012, 04:12 PM
  • gijames
  • Mile High Soldier
  • TN, USA
User Info
ack! Best to you on the move Andy! Hopefully you find a nice LONG term place that best fits your family
Biggrin

9 1,684