01-27-2014, 02:54 PM
User Info
This weeks project was to come up with some homemade pre shave oil recipes.

I've gone through the basics ingredients castor, jojoba and oil olive... now to just choose an essential oil to add as a fragrance to my concoction. Took a trip over to Whole Foods today, to my surprise they have had pre mixed essential oils which is great because I was assuming I would be purchasing two different oils... They did the work for me at half the price.  I picked up a sandelwood and lavender mix which they called a mellow mix. When i was browsing i noticed the sandlewood oil (non mixed) dissipated much quicker after applying as opposed to this one. 

I've shared the ingredients with my friends wife who says she'd probably start mixing some for her husband once I told her it would save them some money. he has already complimented on how much better his shaves are after using the AOS pre-shave oils. 

So now that ive completed this concoction,  just need to fine tuning the consistency as I tend to like it a little bit thicker and closer to the AOS consistency. 

Extreme close up...[Image: ymademej.jpg]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

0 35
 01-27-2014, 03:39 PM
User Info
The only way to go! I actually like my PSO better than those I have purchased. Really simple and inexpensive!

My mix is:

Grapeseed Oil
Jojoba Oil
Castor Oil
Olive Oil

Essential Oils...

My favorites are:

Lavender and Sweet Orange

47 385
 01-27-2014, 03:57 PM
  • ischiapp
  • Ischia, Naples, Italy
User Info
I do this ... Oleolito LCC
http://ilrasoio.com/viewtopic.php?t=3168&f=34

It's easy, works fine ... and it's natural. Wink

0 1,140
 01-27-2014, 04:31 PM
User Info
I'm thinking about adding the grapeseed or replacing the olive oil with it... still working out the ratios because it's just too runny for me

0 35
 01-27-2014, 07:35 PM
User Info
(01-27-2014, 04:31 PM)rellano Wrote: I'm thinking about adding the grapeseed or replacing the olive oil with it... still working out the ratios because it's just too runny for me

Castor oil is your high viscosity component if you want it to be thicker, that is what you need more of. For me, I really enjoy more slickness, which requires more grapeseed and jojoba oil!

Enjoy the process....

47 385
 04-07-2014, 10:28 PM
User Info
Great idea for shaving..can substitute any good veggie oil if you are out of V-6. I can smell this already just by reading this...ahhh.

0 10
 08-28-2014, 09:37 AM
User Info
I use almond oil, like many Swiss and German gentlemen in "nassrasur" newsgroup. Works as good as Musgo Real oil, but lacks some nice scent.

Also great for ladies removing make up & caressing their skin at the same time.
Buy a big bottle and fill little bottles for your significant other, she'll love it.

I bought grapeseed oil when I visited wineries after attending Magic Flute at Bregenz. I would NOT add this scent. A better match with cheese Smile
Other producer's grape seed oil might be a better choice ...

Maybe some sandalwood scent, but it is great as it is.
Highly recommended.

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk

0 155
 08-28-2014, 12:03 PM
User Info
I actually used an oil wash for my face for a while and my face always felt moisturized and didn't flake. I need to make up another batch soon.

the recipe I used consisted of 4 ingredients:
grape seed oil
jojoba oil
castor oil
essential oil (whichever scent I prefer at the time of me making the oil)

here's my thread on it: http://shavenook.com/thread-oil-facial-wash

40 5,830
 09-01-2014, 03:31 PM
  • Littlemax
  • Emerald Isle, NC USA
User Info
I just finished a recipe and used an empty, cleaned out hot sauce bottle. Used Grapefruit, Orange, Lemon, Lime, Cedarwood and Lavender Oil. Then filled the bottle with 100 proof Aristocrat Vodka. Shake well before use. Outstanding. !!!

0 36