01-28-2014, 04:52 PM
User Info
Just received a pm. When I went to my inbox the subject had, and I quote, "(deny receipt)" printed behind the subject title. It is apparently clickable, but I didn't. Have no idea what this is suppose to mean or how it got there! HELP!

3 543
 01-28-2014, 05:16 PM
User Info
(01-28-2014, 04:52 PM)john parker Wrote: Just received a pm. When I went to my inbox the subject had, and I quote, "(deny receipt)" printed behind the subject title. It is apparently clickable, but I didn't. Have no idea what this is suppose to mean or how it got there! HELP!

When you send someone a PM, you can request a "read receipt", showing the recipient read your PM. The recipient who gets the PM with a read receipt has a choice of either reading the PM (thus sending the read receipt back to the originator) or clicking on deny receipt which means you do not wish to read the PM, and the recipient will receive a "denied" receipt instead of "read" receipt.

I hope my explanation makes sense.

129 6,685
 01-28-2014, 05:26 PM
User Info
Yes it does make sense. Just went back to the compose a pm page, and now see the check box at the bottom. Had never noticed that before, and this is the first pm I have received that had that message in the subject line. Glad I didn't click the "deny receipt" button! Thanks, Doug!!

3 543