02-02-2014, 10:56 AM
User Info
For those that do not know it is just a rebranded Fatip. I am sure most of you do though. That however is not the point. The point is I plan on revisiting it. The reason being the Red personna in a Weber, while nice and smooth just requires to many passes. So I will see if it works. Wish me luck. One more thing, If it does what is a good stand for it? With the current stand , If I use my Tradere handle, the razor has to be hung upside down. The little posts, I notice interfere with the stand and it does not sit straight, but crooked if hung upright.

0 295
 02-02-2014, 11:41 AM
  • Deuce
  • Just a guy
  • Cave Creek
User Info
Big Mark,

My razor holder was bought at Target's houewares aisle-it's actually a toothbrush holder. I probably looked like a nut job trying different razors in the various stands

19 724
 02-02-2014, 12:12 PM
  • davizera
  • Non Dvcor Dvco
  • São Paulo - Brazil
User Info
Pair the Premax/Fatip head with the Weber handle. It's my favorite combination.

I love Fatips, but they lack on weight. The Bulldog will fix it. BiggrinBiggrin

2 242
 02-02-2014, 05:33 PM
User Info
(02-02-2014, 11:41 AM)Deuce Wrote: Big Mark,

My razor holder was bought at Target's houewares aisle-it's actually a toothbrush holder. I probably looked like a nut job trying different razors in the various stands

Well If this works out like I hope it will , I will only need space for one razor. I want to keep it simple. Trying different Creams and Aftershaves is another matter.

(02-02-2014, 12:12 PM)davizera Wrote: Pair the Premax/Fatip head with the Weber handle. It's my favorite combination.

I love Fatips, but they lack on weight. The Bulldog will fix it. BiggrinBiggrin

That is exactly how I have it setup right now. I plan on trying the Tradere Handle next. I like the knurling of the Weber, But the Threading on the Tradere is much better. I guess I could always buy an iKon Bulldog.

0 295
 02-03-2014, 08:00 AM
User Info
Well, I officially retire my Fatip.

0 295
 02-03-2014, 08:28 AM
  • davizera
  • Non Dvcor Dvco
  • São Paulo - Brazil
User Info
(02-03-2014, 08:00 AM)BigMark Wrote: Well, I officially retire my Fatip.

It's amazing how almost everything in shaving is personal. I can see that the Fatip didn't work for you, and on the other hand I don't remember the day that it gave me a less than great shave.

2 242
 02-03-2014, 08:42 AM
User Info
(02-03-2014, 08:28 AM)davizera Wrote:

It's amazing how almost everything in shaving is personal. I can see that the Fatip didn't work for you, and on the other hand I don't remember the day that it gave me a less than great shave.

It was close, too close. I just had to many weepers, razor burn and the Witch Hazel stung. It is what it is. I am just glad it was a $20 razor instead of a $70 one or more.

0 295
 02-03-2014, 01:37 PM
  • davizera
  • Non Dvcor Dvco
  • São Paulo - Brazil
User Info
(02-03-2014, 08:42 AM)BigMark Wrote:
(02-03-2014, 08:28 AM)davizera Wrote:

It was close, too close. I just had to many weepers, razor burn and the Witch Hazel stung. It is what it is. I am just glad it was a $20 razor instead of a $70 one or more.

What you didn't like is what I like the most, the closeness. If I use a mild razor, I see myself doing too many passes, and getting razor burns. With the Fatip I only do 2 passes, a small nick may appear, but I don't get razor burns. The alum stings every time, so I just got it as a normal feeling after shave.

You're right, it's much better that you've seen that it's not for you when you paid only $20. Imagine if you had bought a Joris. Tongue

PS. If I were in the US I'd buy it from you, but shipping is a killer for me. Sad

2 242