02-03-2014, 04:39 PM
User Info
[Image: PDwLGGv.jpg]
Can't wait to try these. A nice fella from the Nook hooked me up.

18 326
 02-03-2014, 04:48 PM
  • TheMonk
  • Super Moderator
  • Porto, Portugal
User Info
Congratulations, Mem Olive is pretty good! Don't know the rest, though.

26 4,895
 02-03-2014, 05:08 PM
User Info
I've heard great things about mem. The other one smells very nice and was recommended by the guy who sent them .

18 326
 02-03-2014, 06:16 PM
  • krissy
  • Cando, North Dakota
User Info
MEM is great stuff, but it does contain mineral oil for those that are particular about that particular ingredient. (some are) But even though it contains the dreaded olive oil its a top notch product and preforms like a dream. However in my opinion it's more about the overall ingredients than the fact that it contains "olive oil". I've made a shaving cream that was similar to MEM in it's ingredients and it preformed as I expected.....wonderfully!

About the mineral oil, that isn't saponified or changed into soap with the lye added so it left intact in the shaving cream and really moisturizes the skin after it's been used. It almost leaves a "film" of sorts on the skin. I noticed this when I shaved my legs with it. I would highly suggest this one for those with dry skin, especially in the winter months.

7 405
 02-03-2014, 06:27 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
Shalom kulkhem! (Hebrew for hi, all of you!)

I'm Israeli as you all know, and the cream in the white and green box on top of the Mem Olive is called Lavendor. I remember it well when I lived in Israel. It's got a nice scent and lathers like a demon, with a mild menthol sensation. The skincare is pretty good although I think I prefer the Mem Olive and Mem Classic creams.

3 2,626
 02-03-2014, 06:31 PM
User Info
Thanks for the great information. I don't mind the olive oil.

(02-03-2014, 06:16 PM)krissy Wrote: MEM is great stuff, but it does contain mineral oil for those that are particular about that particular ingredient. (some are) But even though it contains the dreaded olive oil its a top notch product and preforms like a dream. However in my opinion it's more about the overall ingredients than the fact that it contains "olive oil". I've made a shaving cream that was similar to MEM in it's ingredients and it preformed as I expected.....wonderfully!

About the mineral oil, that isn't saponified or changed into soap with the lye added so it left intact in the shaving cream and really moisturizes the skin after it's been used. It almost leaves a "film" of sorts on the skin. I noticed this when I shaved my legs with it. I would highly suggest this one for those with dry skin, especially in the winter months.

I agree the scent is very nice, I will use it tomorrow .

(02-03-2014, 06:27 PM)JAYDEE Wrote: Shalom kulkhem! (Hebrew for hi, all of you!)

I'm Israeli as you all know, and the cream in the white and green box on top of the Mem Olive is called Lavendor. I remember it well when I lived in Israel. It's got a nice scent and lathers like a demon, with a mild menthol sensation. The skincare is pretty good although I think I prefer the Mem Olive and Mem Classic creams.

18 326
 02-03-2014, 06:42 PM
  • krissy
  • Cando, North Dakota
User Info
I think the olive oil gets such a bad rap from artisan shaving soaps made with the usual recipes posted all over the net. Most are olive oil based and the lather is horrible and the lather dissipates. But then again I think when it's done right it's not an issue as I have proven to myself already in a batch done some time ago.

Shalom Jeff, thank you for updating on the other creams, I was only familiar with the MEM olive.

7 405
 02-03-2014, 08:13 PM
User Info
I received a very similar setup as well in the mail a few days ago --- I really enjoyed my shave with the Lavendor and I already knew that I LOVE LOVE LOVE Mem Olive!

97 1,304
 02-04-2014, 05:24 AM
  • davizera
  • Non Dvcor Dvco
  • São Paulo - Brazil
User Info
Lavendor, or the cream without a name, is an amazing cream for the price. It lathers like a monster, and the glide, smell and after feel are amazing. It's a hidden gem.

The MEM original is the only one that I don't think that live by it's name, it's maximum a meh cream (as I've said in the PMs). On the other hand, the olive version is amazing and comes in a package which is twice bigger than its brother for almost the same price. I don't know why but it's much more difficult to find the olive version. The original one and the Lavendor can be found in the biggest drugstore chain (Superpharm) as in the big supermarket chains, Shufersal and Mega.

Enjoy the creams, guys! Biggrin

2 242
 02-04-2014, 05:49 AM
User Info
A great product from Israel. Great lavender formula.

119 13,014
 02-04-2014, 03:26 PM
User Info
Don't know about the rest, but MEM Olive is lovely!

2 5,545
 02-04-2014, 03:50 PM
User Info
Very much liked the lavendor! Great slick cream and it had a very pleasant smell. Left me with no irritation. Highly recommend.

18 326
 02-14-2014, 12:39 PM
User Info
Just used Mem olive. It is fantastic! Lathers easily and provides great protection. Really calmed down the irritation on my face.

18 326