02-03-2014, 05:02 PM
  • Fuggles
  • Ottawa, Canada
User Info
Hey guys,

I was in the dollar store today and saw some cheap French onion soup bowls, very similar to this one here:
http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/...soup-bowl/
Only it was $1.25.

Just used it a few minutes ago and it worked great. The handle made holding onto it while I worked up the lather really easy and it was heavy enough that it din't move around on the counter when I needed to dip up some more.

0 30
 02-03-2014, 05:13 PM
  • geezer
  • Menomonie, Western WI
User Info
Good call! I have used them in the past and liked them.
~Richard

8 1,194
 02-03-2014, 06:12 PM
  • Stubbl E
  • Lake Tahoe, California
User Info
I pretty much swear by the local Goodwill thrift shop for all my shave related accoutremonts at this point. Last time I was there (getting a mug sized for the newly acquired Mitchell's Wool Fat puck Sisi1) they had soup bowls like these and one of those over-sized cappuccino mug/ bowl things. I saw an old Melmac bowl from the 50s there too and thought "Ooo...un-breakable"! Laughing1

I think I actually like the handles on these French onion style soup bowls better than the shave dedicated/branded "apothecary" mugs. Fat & round I like much better than that wee nub! Tongue

0 567
 02-03-2014, 09:02 PM
User Info
Congratulations on finding a very practical and useful bowl! Smile

82 21,056
 02-10-2014, 01:26 PM
User Info
I like the looks of that and I'll keep that style in mind. I have French onion soup bowls I actually use for soup but don't think I'll ask them to do double duty.

I just bought an aluminum bowl with a rolled edge (unbreakable of course) for less than $10 on ebay that does the trick.

0 53