02-05-2014, 08:52 AM
User Info
Hi all,

I have been reading posts on shave nook for a couple weeks and I really enjoy all the informative info so I though id post a question.

I have been shaving for a year so far and I'm absolutely loving it. I originally bought a EJ DE89 and a EJ Best Bagger Brush which I am still using. Now that I have been using the DE for a while id like to splurge and get a good silvertip brush.

I have been doing a lot of research online and haven't been able to find exactly what I'm looking for. It may sound weird but I also look at my shaving kit as a nice esthetic piece in my bathroom which I display on the counter. I currently have a nice full chrome stand and my DE is black and chrome so Id like a brush that matches the set.

I'm looking for something that will work well with both soaps and creams. I have a pretty deep bowl that I use to lather and never face lather. I'm looking for something very soft and I've tried the Parker which I did not like. (wasn't much softer than my current best bagger. I found the Baxter of California which im interested in.

Does anyone have any feedback on this brush? Is there another brush you would recommend instead? Thanks for any help you can provide.

http://www.baxterofcalifornia.com/baxter...have-brush

0 4
 02-05-2014, 09:14 AM
User Info
[Image: 4y2y2a6e.jpg]

This Muhle might be a good fit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 655
 02-05-2014, 09:22 AM
User Info
Great! Thanks for the recommendation wimbouman

0 4
 02-05-2014, 10:31 AM
User Info
Wim's suggestion is a good one if you are looking for a match to your razor and stand. Best of luck.

82 21,056
 02-05-2014, 07:08 PM
User Info
I understand the aesthetic you are going for now, and that does really narrow your choices.

What do you think of the Muhle Stylo Silvertip? Looks very sharp to me.

47 1,270
 02-05-2014, 07:17 PM
  • krissy
  • Cando, North Dakota
User Info
I like artisan made brushes myself.....
http://penworks.us//index.php?main_page=index&cPath=25

Tony has all kinds in different diameters and lofts and different badger qualities.

7 405
 02-06-2014, 03:53 PM
User Info
Hmm, any other suggestions for a black and chrome-handled silvertip brush for our new member?

47 1,270