02-13-2014, 04:27 AM
User Info
I've been experimenting with mouthwashes for a while now, and I decided to try the Tom's Mouthwash. It's this one:

[Image: l_ts-1105.png]

Unfortunately, this is a pretty poor mouthwash. It is excessively sweet, dries the mouth and leaves an unpleasant aftertaste. It is alcohol-free, so that's good, but I cannot imagine buying it again.

If you're looking for a mouthwash that's not cloyingly sweet and is also alcohol-free, my suggestion is to try the JASON mouthwashes. Skip the Tom's.

37 1,743
 02-13-2014, 06:46 AM
User Info
Thanks for the mini review. I have tried both of these and I concur.

I have ditched all mouth washes and now swish with a teaspoon of coconut oil and I will never use anything else. Look up "oil pulling." It's not a proven science but man my mouth feels amazing after an oil wash.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

32 344
 02-13-2014, 08:56 AM
User Info
(02-13-2014, 06:46 AM)fbones24 Wrote: I have ditched all mouth washes and now swish with a teaspoon of coconut oil and I will never use anything else. Look up "oil pulling." It's not a proven science but man my mouth feels amazing after an oil wash.

+1 It really does work. You could also try parsley! Works really well.Biggrin

83 21,111
 02-13-2014, 02:09 PM
User Info
I wouldn't be able to use coconut oil, as I hate the scent and taste of that oil. I imagine that any oil would work, but I like the JASON stuff enough to keep it around.

Another mouthwash I liked was 'Spry'. It was a bit on the sweet side, but was nice when cut with some water.

37 1,743
 02-13-2014, 03:05 PM
  • vuk
  • Virginia
User Info
Can you find JASON and Spry locally?
I stopped using commercial and alcohol based mouthwashes quite a while ago. I currently use a baking soda-water mix when I want to rinse my mouth. It works great but the taste leaves much to be desired.

2 520
 02-13-2014, 03:15 PM
User Info
The JASON selection locally is pretty poor - I can find some flavours, but not the ones I like best. Online purchases are expensive because of the shipping cost.

The Spry is available in all the health food stores here in NH.

37 1,743