02-13-2014, 11:16 AM
User Info
I'm using W7 64bit and I suspect Live Mail is putting mail into my junk mail box, and I don't even know where the junk mail box is. FWIW, it's done that in the past.

Is there a switch that makes it visible? Where is the mail box located? I've looked within the Live Mail directory structure and it alludes me.

I've set my mail filter to "low", but from what I read of the options no filtering will still allow Windows mail filtering to put mail into my junk box. Help? I'd rather have absolutely no filtering and Windows not being so helpful as to put mail into the junk box at all, rather than miss mail that I need.

TIA.

32 6,470
 02-13-2014, 11:42 AM
User Info
Hmm.. I don't use Windows much, but on my W7 system, the Junk Mail folder is clearly visible in the folders list.

I'll point out that this is on the online version of Live Mail. I don't use local mail clients anymore.

37 1,743
 02-13-2014, 12:18 PM
User Info
Thanks Yohann. I just found it. It's called Junk up top in the ribbon, but that refers to the spam folder in the directory structure, not a Junk folder. I'd love to put a boot up the butt of the programmer who changes words like that. Not much of a programmer IMO. If it had even had (spam) in parenthesis it would have been a tip off. Farsi might allow words to be interchanged like that, but not when dealing with computer logic. Of course it was just the GUI that folks need to use, and words mean nothing. Biggrin

I was fairly frustrated looking for a subdirectory that didn't exist. For DAYS! I found all sorts of mail in the Spam folder that I never told Live Mail to filter out.

I have my mail filter set to "low", I'll set it to no filtering and maybe that'll work better. Except the no filtering option tells me that Live Mail will still decide what is junk and what isn't. Maybe that's lost in the translation also and it "no filtering" actually does mean no filtering.

32 6,470