02-13-2014, 09:49 PM
  • Teddyboy
  • Guilty, with an explanation
  • NYC
User Info
Within the last year or so I read some posts stating that they felt these usually great performers were no longer as good. Is that the current state of opinion on these blades?

1 795
 02-14-2014, 01:43 AM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
Well call me Mr Cynic, but I never really rated them that highly. They were called 'Ninjas', colloquially. Sales pitch, I rather suspect. Similarly, though, I never got along with their yellow- and green-coloured siblings. I only thought the 7 O'Clock Blue Super Platinum worthy of high praise, so much so that I regard them as my top blade. I have a stash of them. No longer available. Sigh. It's like when you finally find the product you REALLY like, and it's no longer on the supermarket shelves. Why? Why? Why?

0 1,733
 02-17-2014, 05:51 PM
User Info
I've had good results with the Blacks & Yellows both.
I don't think the Greens are coated and don't seem to last as many shaves as the others do for me.

I use the Blacks & Feathers the most.

20 164
 02-17-2014, 06:24 PM
User Info
The Blacks along with the Silver Blues are the only blades that touch my face. Blacks are a little sharper and Silver Blues are a little smoother. Both are great blades. I haven't noticed any difference in the Blacks that I bought a couple months ago from the ones I bought about a year ago.

0 16
 02-17-2014, 08:08 PM
  • LORDBISHOP
  • Lover of the Wet Shaving way of Life
  • Westchester, NY
User Info
I'm a fan of the of Gillette Plat. Blacks too...they are a consistent blade that is neither the sharpest or smoothest, yet seem to give me a nice close shave with little burn no matter what razor I put one in. I like to use this blade when trying a razor for it's first few shaves...They help me dial in my shave, and point me in the direction of what blade might work best in a given razor...Since they represent a middle of the road blade for me, I will either go for a sharper blade for less aggressive razors or a smoother blade in a razor that feels more aggressive.

4 794