02-15-2014, 12:25 PM
  • tsimmns
  • Mississippi
User Info
Just used the Nilotica butter that Ravi recommended me and I must say this stuff is amazing. I shaved this morning with the Cobra and a Kai Mild along with the Omega Mighty Midget and RR XXX-t followed by Captains Choice bay rum. The shave was great, but I checked the internet and my shea butter I ordered arrived about 2 hours after the shave. I knew this stuff would be different than the huge can I had ordered from Amazon after opening it and touching it. Just a dab and some rubbing on the face and I can tell a difference in my dry skin already. I can definitely see why he loves this stuff.

15 970
 02-15-2014, 12:27 PM
User Info
Shea Butter is an amazing product! I am very fortunate I found it 15 years ago and haven't used anything else, since! Biggrin

82 21,077
 02-15-2014, 12:35 PM
  • tsimmns
  • Mississippi
User Info
celestino, you use it just as an A/S and nothing else? I am not quite sure I can give up my alcohol base A/s as I love the feel they give and the help they provide with any cuts. I wonder if I use both how I would go about that. Maybe Ravi can chime in as I know he uses some Myrsol and Shea butter.

15 970
 02-15-2014, 12:40 PM
User Info
(02-15-2014, 12:35 PM)tsimmns Wrote: celestino, you use it just as an A/S and nothing else? I am not quite sure I can give up my alcohol base A/s as I love the feel they give and the help they provide with any cuts. I wonder if I use both how I would go about that. Maybe Ravi can chime in as I know he uses some Myrsol and Shea butter.

I do it all the time, aftershave splash right after the shave, then go do something else, and about 10 or 15 minutes later I return and apply moisturizers of all different types.

0 303
 02-15-2014, 12:48 PM
  • tsimmns
  • Mississippi
User Info
Thanks for this info. I can't wait to use this stuff in the morning after shaving and the A/S. I used it this morning about 3 hours later and my face still feels moisturized.

Also, this little jar of the Nilotica shea butter looks like it could last forver.

15 970
 02-15-2014, 01:38 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
My routine has evolved over time and currently consists of :

Preshave
- Myrsol Emulsion, after shower with washing of face.

Aftershave - Myrsol AS splash, containing alcohol followed by a small amount of Myrsol Emulsion.

End of day
- a large pea sized amount of unrefined shea butter applied to face/neck before bed, after washing face.

The unrefined shea butter does it's 'magic' while I sleep, and my face feels moisturized, healed, and well conditioned by the morning.

This sequence minimizes the potential for 'greasy' appearing skin during the day, especially during warmer seasons.

102 18,647
 02-15-2014, 01:57 PM
  • tsimmns
  • Mississippi
User Info
Myrsol, really?Smile More products to buy it now seems like

15 970
 02-15-2014, 02:05 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
(02-15-2014, 01:57 PM)tsimmns Wrote: Myrsol, really?Smile More products to buy it now seems like

I happen to like Myrsol, and am a 'creature of habit'.
I'm sure there are plenty of other well-performing aftershaves out there that can be used in conjunction with USB. Smile

102 18,647
 02-15-2014, 02:29 PM
User Info
Celestino turned me on to The Butter some time ago. My post shave routine is:

Mix a couple of drops of Tea Tree Oil with USB/Nilotica. Massage into face and neck, then finish with a drop or two of after shave of choice for scent.

9 1,203
 02-15-2014, 03:39 PM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
I was pleasantly surprised when I ran across Celestino's thread about the benefits of unrefined shea butter. I have been using unrefined shea butter for a number of years now, and it was great to see it has such a following here on TSN (I think its great it has such a following period). My wife thought it was a little weird when we first met, now she's the one placing the Shea Terra orders Wink.

I started off using it as a "night" treatment, similar to what Ravi described for many years. But two winters ago, I also began using it in the morning during the winter months. It's definitely a fine line when it comes to applying it, as its very easy to over-apply and get the greasy look. The good thing is, if you do, its a simple as running your hands over your face.

While it is not the only product I use (I also thoroughly enjoy my A/S's), I have experienced a noticeable difference not only the general health of my skin, but also the reduction of "aging" wrinkles. My wife is now a huge advocate for it, and we have also used it with great success on my son when he had symptoms of mild eczema. It's kind of our "cure-all" for almost anything skin-related that comes up in our family (except burns) Biggrin.

34 1,628
 02-15-2014, 06:29 PM
User Info
Great to hear so many lads enjoy the shea butter.

Like Randy states and Giorgio, also, I use it right after my shave with nothing else, but using your AS/splash after it or with it is fine. I don't have any issue with the oily look as I rub my entire face/neck/head, again, after 15 minutes or so and it is quickly absorbed into the skin leaving it feeling moisturized all day long! Biggrin

Giorgio, I have been using it for over 15 years, now. Great stuff!

82 21,077
 02-15-2014, 07:20 PM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
(02-15-2014, 06:29 PM)celestino Wrote: Giorgio, I have been using it for over 15 years, now. Great stuff!

Wow Celestino, that's a while! I'm actually quite surprised to say that I've been using it for just over 8 years (~Nov of '05 was the first time I used it)!

What sold me on continually using it was the fact it was the first product that didn't clog my pores, while still moisturizing and conditioning my skin. I used typical "cheap" face creams/products back then which either caused my skin to break out or caused a horrible reaction leaving it in even worse condition. The unrefined shea butter was a miraculous product for me back then...and it still is!

34 1,628
 02-15-2014, 10:01 PM
User Info
Giorgio, excellent to hear! I have to concur that it is an absolutely amazing product and I believe it has kept me looking much younger than I actually am! Biggrin

82 21,077
 02-16-2014, 02:33 AM
User Info
Is it used mainly for moisturizing? Is it better than a typical cream? I've fallen in love with tend skin but it dries my skin out a bit so I'm looking for a good moisturizer. I haven't gotten around to trying shea butter yet.

Celestino, do you know where it can be bought locally?

12 848