05-02-2012, 12:25 AM
User Info
Joe at IB has said the release of the new La Famiglia line of soaps and AS is tenatively set for May 16. These products are identical to the Tcheon Fung Sing soaps and AS and are one and the same.

Also, hitting the ground at the same time will be the new P.160 AS milk.

He is also estimating that the new RR 2012 LE soap will be available in 6 weeks. Plus, he is now hinting at a new product call RR Baby Blue, but no other information than that. Could this be a Floid Blue replacement?

I'm a huge fan of Joe and the RR line. He consistently brings quality shaving products to North America that otherwise wouldn't be available to us at these great price points. I admire his ethics and entrepreneurial spirit.

9 1,199
 05-02-2012, 03:49 AM
  • Howler
  • A calamophile and vintage razor lover
  • Fort Smith AR
User Info
Excited to hear of new products coming.

1 3,507
 05-02-2012, 03:52 AM
User Info
He's great to work with for sure.

2 805
 05-02-2012, 07:20 AM
  • donoma
  • Birmingham, AL
User Info
The 4 scents are as follows:

RazoRock "Don Marco", Bergamot and Neroli (Bergamotto Neroli)

RazoRock "Cumba Cheech", Orange Blossom and Jasmine (Zagara e Gelsominio)

RazoRock "Zi' Peppino", Green Tobacco (Tabacco Verde)

RazoRock "Nonno Michelino", Sandalwood (Sandalo Boise)

All I can say is yay for RR Sandalwood!!

0 64
 05-02-2012, 07:22 AM
  • Brent
  • Columbus, OH
User Info
I'm interested in how his new line of soaps come out. Everything before seems to be of great quality so I wouldn't think it's anything but great stuff.

I just picked up XXX for the first time to get free shipping on an order from WCS. I'm looking forward to that as I've heard great things. I know the black tub products are most likely going away so hopefully his new line would be a good replacement if I really like the XXX.

(05-02-2012, 07:20 AM)donoma Wrote: The 4 scents are as follows:

What does Neroli smell like? I've seen other items with that listed and never really knew what that's like.

0 353
 05-02-2012, 07:42 AM
User Info
I've been trying really hard not to buy any more soaps or creams, but I think I'll break down and get some of this new stuff. The only soap I won't get is the Nonno Michelino. I had a bad experience with some TOBS sandalwood burning my face and I'm a bit gunshy about sandalwood now.

I'll probably get one or two of the new ASBs as well.

0 836
 05-02-2012, 07:57 AM
User Info
hopefully I don't get banned because this isn't a vendor thread, but just to add a bit more info...

for the first week... all the soaps will have a special price of $3.99 and the balms, $5.99. Basically you are getting full-size product at sample sized prices.

Baby Blue I'm just finalizing... when I know more I will definitely say a bit more... I don't want to jinx it. It won't be a Blue Floid knock-off though.

3 315
 05-02-2012, 08:00 AM
User Info
(05-02-2012, 07:22 AM)Brent Wrote: I'm interested in how his new line of soaps come out. Everything before seems to be of great quality so I wouldn't think it's anything but great stuff.

I just picked up XXX for the first time to get free shipping on an order from WCS. I'm looking forward to that as I've heard great things. I know the black tub products are most likely going away so hopefully his new line would be a good replacement if I really like the XXX.

(05-02-2012, 07:20 AM)donoma Wrote: The 4 scents are as follows:

What does Neroli smell like? I've seen other items with that listed and never really knew what that's like.

I believe it has orange characters...

ner·o·li/ˈnerəlē/
Noun:
An essential oil distilled from the flowers of the Seville orange, used in perfumery.

(05-02-2012, 07:57 AM)RazoRock_Joe Wrote: hopefully I don't get banned because this isn't a vendor thread, but just to add a bit more info...

for the first week... all the soaps will have a special price of $3.99 and the balms, $5.99. Basically you are getting full-size product at sample sized prices.

Baby Blue I'm just finalizing... when I know more I will definitely say a bit more... I don't want to jinx it. It won't be a Blue Floid knock-off though.

Thanks Joseph!!!
you're saying that as if it would be a bad thing Wink

9 333
 05-02-2012, 08:05 AM
User Info
I can't wait. My biggest concern will be the IB site crashing from everyone trying to get their order in at these amazing intro prices. Slightly behind that concern is that there isn't enough to go around!

31 7,914
 05-02-2012, 08:09 AM
User Info
(05-02-2012, 08:05 AM)SharpSpine Wrote: I can't wait. My biggest concern will be the IB site crashing from everyone trying to get their order in at these amazing intro prices. Slightly behind that concern is that there isn't enough to go around!

I'm not sure if that is a bad problem or a fun problem! lol

We were able to get special pricing because we commitment to a whole whack of volume... I hope the latter should not be an issue; but I've been wrong many times in the past.

Just some special ShaveNook news... one of our soap makers in Italy is working on pre-shave soap similar to MR-GLO but I'm trying to get the formula gentler and the price-point about half. Hoping to have it in 6-7 weeks.

3 315
 05-02-2012, 08:19 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(05-02-2012, 08:09 AM)RazoRock_Joe Wrote: Just some special ShaveNook news... one of our soap makers in Italy is working on pre-shave soap similar to MR-GLO but I'm trying to get the formula gentler and the price-point about half. Hoping to have it in 6-7 weeks.

That is good news and should be quite popular.

45 16,345
 05-02-2012, 08:23 AM
User Info
(05-02-2012, 08:09 AM)RazoRock_Joe Wrote: Just some special ShaveNook news... one of our soap makers in Italy is working on pre-shave soap similar to MR-GLO but I'm trying to get the formula gentler and the price-point about half. Hoping to have it in 6-7 weeks.

Is this product the "Baby Blue" you've mentioned, or something different all together?

31 7,914
 05-02-2012, 08:36 AM
User Info
(05-02-2012, 08:23 AM)SharpSpine Wrote:

Is this product the "Baby Blue" you've mentioned, or something different all together?

Baby Blue is an A/S lotion project we are working on.

The above mentioned product is a pre-shave soap, similar to MR-GLO; we wanted to offer an artisan made pre-shave soap, but at a more welcoming price-point.

3 315
 05-02-2012, 08:43 AM
  • SLB04
  • Schalksmühle
User Info
I am looking forward to these soaps. I am big fan of the RazoRock Artisan Soaps.

RazoRock "Cumba Cheech", Orange Blossom and Jasmine sounds very interesting.

If the Bergamotto Neroli smells like the Tcheon Fung Sing then the scent will be different as the RazoRock XXX. Then it smells like orange sorbet.

1 374
 05-02-2012, 08:50 AM
User Info
(05-02-2012, 08:36 AM)RazoRock_Joe Wrote:
(05-02-2012, 08:23 AM)SharpSpine Wrote:

Baby Blue is an A/S lotion project we are working on.

The above mentioned product is a pre-shave soap, similar to MR-GLO; we wanted to offer an artisan made pre-shave soap, but at a more welcoming price-point.

Great, thanks for the info Joe.

BTW, if I somehow end up at the docks when the shipment arrives can I help unload it? If so, just don't notice my pockets or how my belly grew a few inches throughout the day as I walk away! Wink

31 7,914
 05-02-2012, 09:07 AM
User Info
XXX is the only soap I've happened upon that irritates my skin. It's a shame because I works like a charm and smells amazing. Luckily, it's the only product in the RazoRock line that I don't adore and it's only due to my incompatible chemistry.

Anyone on the fence about these products should jump at the chance to get these at the intro price. Joe has always been a pleasure to work with, and I applaud his efforts to bring products to our "shave caves" for less money than a fast food super value meal.

0 221
 05-02-2012, 10:28 AM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
I think Joe should be banned for posting more info that is beneficial to us hehe

116 3,804
 05-02-2012, 03:29 PM
User Info
(05-02-2012, 08:05 AM)SharpSpine Wrote: I can't wait. My biggest concern will be the IB site crashing from everyone trying to get their order in at these amazing intro prices. Slightly behind that concern is that there isn't enough to go around!

Same concerns here too, Brian!

(05-02-2012, 10:28 AM)Dave Wrote: I think Joe should be banned for posting more info that is beneficial to us hehe

Thumbsup

9 1,199
 05-02-2012, 07:03 PM
User Info
Dodgy Is it here yet ? lol

0 61
 05-07-2012, 08:12 AM
  • greyhawk
  • Southern California
User Info
I will definitely have to place an order for some of this!

52 788