02-18-2014, 01:08 PM
User Info
I'm on lunch break, but I have to put a quick plug in for Me Shaving soaps from Spain. I received some over a week ago and have about 7 shaves with it and I will say this so far --- 1) the lather is so protective and moisturizing and 2) the scents are the BEST (for me) that I have ever smelled in a shaving soap.

You have to use a dryer brush and less water when first lathering but once you get the feel and sweet spot down --- this stuff is simply outstanding!

I will post pics later today, but you all need to give consideration to Elena and her soaps, I prefer them even to Jabonman and Tiki and for me that is saying something!

Thanks,

Jason

97 1,304
 02-18-2014, 01:23 PM
  • TheMonk
  • Super Moderator
  • Porto, Portugal
User Info
They are good performers (the scents not so much IMO), it's a shame Elena is gonna stop making them.

26 4,896
 02-18-2014, 01:50 PM
User Info
I really love this soap. I have the "Siroco" variety and love that scent.
The performance is outstanding, on pair with other great artisan soaps like Mike's, JabonMan, Calani,Nanny's Silly Soaps, LPL or Savon des Volcans.

[Image: P1080002.jpg]

[Image: P1080048.jpg]

2 5,545
 02-18-2014, 02:02 PM
User Info
Why is the production being stopped?

82 21,056
 02-18-2014, 02:22 PM
User Info
The artisan lady says that they will not be available in 2015.
I guess that is something to do with her personal life, but that just me guessing...

2 5,545
 02-18-2014, 03:07 PM
User Info
I will be ordering a lot, lot more then....I do know that for now, she is in full swing and taking orders and I received mine in Colorado 5 business days after ordering -- it was lightning fast!

I only wish he containers were a bit larger, Elena said she scoured the options in Spain and could not find anything that would not drastically affect pricing.

I love the scent of the Alcala and Granada

here are the scent descriptions I am pasting from an email that Elena sent to me:

"Formula 1: fats of vegetable stearic acid, coconut and borago. Water, soda, vegetable Glycerin, potash, (magnesium stearate and allantoin in some, kaolin and zinc oxide in others)
Alcalá: nardo, basil, cardamom, lemon balm, lavender essential oils. Available its aroma is pleasantly delicate, to me is difficult to describe it, it's perhaps my favorite, usually using it to wash my face)
Sherwood: Lavender, tea tree, cedarwood, available (is a scent with a lavender background quite Woody, tolerated by some not lovers of lavender and also curiously by not loving neither tea tree nor the cedar)
J&E: Eucalyptus, Rosemary with Spirulina, (It reminds me winters eucalytus sweets.

Formula 2: fats of vegetable stearic acid, coconut, jojoba, borago, grape seed oil, Castor and wax alba. Water, vegetable glycerin, soda, potash, kaolin, zinc oxide, some also with honey and propolis.

Granada: Basil, mint and lemon balm. Available. (There are who smells them aniseed, licorice, herbal to others... It's the most potent aroma)

Tramontana: Rosemary and lavender with honey and propolis. Available. (its aroma is just that which leads, clearly feels the Rosemary and lavender, shown a fresh or slightly balsamic, lavender as a country walk in a Spanish valley)

Sirocco: With sandalwood, cardamom, incense, Mandarin, vanilla, cinnamon, chocolate and coffee, natural tone of achiote, propolis and honey. (all only natural) Available (the aroma of cardamom feels much.

Galerna: With vetiver, Sage, pine, eucalyptus, cedar, niaouli, Orange, lavender. and with natural tone of annatto. Available. (suitable for who doesn't like lavender, checked by a forero who doesn't like lavender, vetiver feels mostly without being heavy me that vetiver I don't like... but in this soap I like it very much, it's a quite masculine scent)"

97 1,304
 02-18-2014, 04:18 PM
  • v4257
  • Always chasing the perfect shave
  • Boston, USA
User Info
How does one order this soap?
-----
Edit: Also, do you notice a difference between performance of Formula-1 VS Formula-2 soaps?

17 535
 02-18-2014, 04:42 PM
User Info
I notice no discernible difference between the two formulas -- you need to start with a pretty dry brush and work the puck for about 30 seconds and then slowly add water to the brush tips or your palm/ face as you build the lather.

97 1,304
 02-18-2014, 04:51 PM
User Info
This is the first I've heard of it. The second formula isn't for me but the first might be. Just when I thought I was done trying soaps. At least no one is sharing the info on how you order it (website link or email address) so I can go on being ignorantly blissful. Tongue

31 8,056
 02-18-2014, 05:22 PM
User Info
(02-18-2014, 04:51 PM)SharpSpine Wrote: This is the first I've heard of it. The second formula isn't for me but the first might be. Just when I thought I was done trying soaps. At least no one is sharing the info on how you order it (website link or email address) so I can go on being ignorantly blissful. Tongue

It won't be long.... [biting my nails] Confused

32 344
 02-18-2014, 06:34 PM
User Info
Are the ordering details a secret?

0 70
 02-18-2014, 07:40 PM
User Info
They appear to be as no one is sharing despite several requests. Confused

31 8,056
 02-18-2014, 07:41 PM
User Info
Can I post her email here for folks to order from Elena? I dont want to violate any rules....

97 1,304
 02-18-2014, 09:04 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
(02-18-2014, 07:41 PM)Boonie21 Wrote: Can I post her email here for folks to order from Elena? I dont want to violate any rules....

Please PM me with her contact information. I've been searching the web for several weeks, trying to find her soap. Thanks.

38 5,034
 02-19-2014, 12:27 AM
User Info
I don't think I can choose just one of those scents! They all look great and I am sure they actually are wonderful to smell. What would be the top 2 choices for everyone if they had the chance to buy?

I would say out of formula 1, I would go for the Acala.

Formula 2 is difficult to choose from. I am wondering how similar it would be to Le Pere Lucien it could be. I will probably say the Sirocco and a close second to Tramontana.

Whose excited?! Biggrin

79 1,298
 02-19-2014, 02:31 PM
  • jb74
  • Ireland
User Info
Ordering info anyone? Come on... you can't come out and have us drooling and not tell us where we can buy it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 136
 02-20-2014, 05:14 PM
User Info
Any updates on ordering info?

37 146
 02-21-2014, 05:49 AM
User Info
I've ordered the Granada, Sirocco and Galerna. The Alcalá and Tramontana are currently out of stock. Thanks to Jason for enabling Wink I've read the forum rules, there doesn't seem to be any issue with posting Elena's email?! Correct me if I'm wrong.

23 474
 02-21-2014, 05:57 AM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
There are no forum rules that prohibit the posting of an email address.

I would suggest that you check with the soap-maker, Elena, first before posting her email on an open forum thread.

Ravi (Moderator)

102 18,555
 02-21-2014, 06:02 AM
User Info
(02-21-2014, 05:57 AM)Agravic Wrote: There are no forum rules that prohibit the posting of an email address.

I would suggest that you check with the soap-maker, Elena, first before posting her email on an open forum thread.

Ravi (Moderator)

Hi Ravi,

I've just sent her an email.

Michael

23 474