02-22-2014, 08:20 PM
User Info
I keep checking back at WCS and they are out, RBAM seem to be out as well. I realize these are popular blades but should I be worried? It seems no one can keep them in stock.

0 295
 02-23-2014, 07:01 AM
User Info
WCS is only out-of-stock on the non-UK packaged Reds. The UK package (Personna Platinum Chrome) and red package are exactly the same blades, except the UK version comes in a 10 blade plastic dispenser with disposal slot (and generally has a lower price!).

Additionally, many other vendors such as Connaught and shaving.ie, stock the UK packaged Reds.

Edit: RBAM appears to have the regular red packaged Personnas in-stock and available on its Ebay page.

0 386
 02-23-2014, 07:08 AM
User Info
(02-23-2014, 07:01 AM)branford Wrote: WCS is only out-of-stock on the non-UK packaged Reds. The UK package (Personna Platinum Chrome) and red package are exactly the same blades, except the UK version comes in a 10 blade plastic dispenser with disposal slot (and generally has a lower price!).

Additionally, many other vendors such as Connaught and shaving.ie, stock the UK packaged Reds.

Edit: RBAM appears to have the regular red packaged Personnas in-stock and available on its Ebay page.

I tried the UK Reds and did not find them and the US ones to be the same. Maybe I had a bad batch but they were terrible IMO.

0 295
 02-23-2014, 07:23 AM
  • Coyote
  • Hondo, TX USA
User Info
There are no current Reds made in the U.S.A., including the ones on WCS. All of them are made in Israel. The only difference is the packaging.

4 2,764
 02-23-2014, 08:03 AM
User Info
(02-23-2014, 07:08 AM)BigMark Wrote:
(02-23-2014, 07:01 AM)branford Wrote: WCS is only out-of-stock on the non-UK packaged Reds. The UK package (Personna Platinum Chrome) and red package are exactly the same blades, except the UK version comes in a 10 blade plastic dispenser with disposal slot (and generally has a lower price!).

I tried the UK Reds and did not find them and the US ones to be the same. Maybe I had a bad batch but they were terrible IMO.

If you wish to purchase the red cardboard pack, then I think the RBAM Ebay listing above is your best option. If there is a price differential, I would email RBAM. I'm sure they will take care of you.

0 386
 02-23-2014, 09:46 AM
User Info
(02-23-2014, 07:23 AM)Coyote Wrote: There are no current Reds made in the U.S.A., including the ones on WCS. All of them are made in Israel. The only difference is the packaging.

I am aware of that. What was meant was the Packaging. Like I said maybe I got some bum blades so I just ordered another pack to give them a second chance. I just hope they work this time, because that would mean more money saved. If not I am only out $2 instead of $12.

0 295
 02-24-2014, 11:14 AM
  • MikeGJ
  • Grand Junction, CO
User Info
I've had both versions from WCS.

Same blade, no problem with either version.

1 110