05-02-2012, 04:11 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Every Man Jack Premium Shave

It seems that the brand Every Man Jack have decided to introduced a new line of traditional wet shaving items in the market,maybe following the success of Van der Hagen (here in Utah Target carries both brands) or The Real Shaving CO.

This new line includes a shaving cream,pre shave oil,a synthetic brush (really similar to The Body Shop one) and a electric pre shave lotion.
The shaving cream could be used with or without a brush,but it comes in a handy tub and with a cedarwood scent.

Have anybody seen/tried any of these items? Im sure I will get the shaving cream if I find it at Target.

86 7,123
 05-02-2012, 05:12 PM
User Info
The shave cream looks interesting...but the ingredients listed are wrong...I emailed them about it.

0 189
 05-02-2012, 05:21 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(05-02-2012, 05:12 PM)cvac Wrote: The shave cream looks interesting...but the ingredients listed are wrong...I emailed them about it.

Yes,I noticed that too.I wonder what are the real ingredients.

86 7,123
 05-02-2012, 07:58 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
I checked at target today and they do not have the new line yet here in Michigan. They did have the old cream in a tube. I chose another cream Target carries made by Shea Moisture Shave-Shea Butter & African Black Soap Shave Butter. It contains African Black Soap (no idea what that is) Shea Butter, Juniper, and Willow Bark Extract among other things. It has a great scent which smells between a mix of citrus and shea butter. I got a decent shave with it but it really dose not lather even though it says it's best used with a brush. Also, it wasn't as slick as I would of liked.

45 3,955
 05-02-2012, 09:06 PM
  • Mynorx
  • Southern California
User Info
I have noticed that the Target by my house now carries Vander Hagen products. It will be nice to see the everyman jack as well. I'd like to try the cream.

1 265
 05-02-2012, 09:34 PM
User Info
You guys in the US have all the goodies!
Never heard of it before this!
Enjoy!

75 20,883
 05-03-2012, 05:52 AM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
(05-02-2012, 09:34 PM)celestino Wrote: You guys in the US have all the goodies!
Enjoy!

Don't feel bad, my North American brother. We can stand united by seething jealousy of the Europeans.

10 1,858
 05-03-2012, 07:07 AM
User Info
This sounds very interesting, I love the smell of rosemary and sage when cooking. I use their balm, it does a great job, and it is inexpensive too. I will keep an eye out!

0 103
 05-03-2012, 10:06 AM
  • Mynorx
  • Southern California
User Info
(05-02-2012, 09:34 PM)celestino Wrote: You guys in the US have all the goodies!
Enjoy!

We say the same about you guys Tongue

1 265
 05-03-2012, 04:27 PM
User Info
(05-02-2012, 07:58 PM)tgutc Wrote: I checked at target today and they do not have the new line yet here in Michigan. They did have the old cream in a tube. I chose another cream Target carries made by Shea Moisture Shave-Shea Butter & African Black Soap Shave Butter. It contains African Black Soap (no idea what that is) Shea Butter, Juniper, and Willow Bark Extract among other things. It has a great scent which smells between a mix of citrus and shea butter. I got a decent shave with it but it really dose not lather even though it says it's best used with a brush. Also, it wasn't as slick as I would of liked.

It has been reported that the stuff you got is the worst lathering product ever made. That's hard to believe, when I've already decided Caswell Massey is the worst. But C-M does smell good.

24 1,150
 05-03-2012, 06:03 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
Well, it really is a brushless cream in my opinion. I just don't get why they say to use a brush. There are good brushless creams out their anyways. The same company sells a badger brush for $8 dollars they stock right next to the cream. I would hate for someones first experience with a brush and cream be with those two products.

(05-03-2012, 04:27 PM)brothers Wrote:
(05-02-2012, 07:58 PM)tgutc Wrote: I checked at target today and they do not have the new line yet here in Michigan. They did have the old cream in a tube. I chose another cream Target carries made by Shea Moisture Shave-Shea Butter & African Black Soap Shave Butter. It contains African Black Soap (no idea what that is) Shea Butter, Juniper, and Willow Bark Extract among other things. It has a great scent which smells between a mix of citrus and shea butter. I got a decent shave with it but it really dose not lather even though it says it's best used with a brush. Also, it wasn't as slick as I would of liked.

It has been reported that the stuff you got is the worst lathering product ever made. That's hard to believe, when I've already decided Caswell Massey is the worst. But C-M does smell good.

45 3,955
 05-03-2012, 06:29 PM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
(05-03-2012, 06:03 PM)tgutc Wrote: Well, it really is a brushless cream in my opinion. I just don't get why they say to use a brush. There are good brushless creams out their anyways. The same company sells a badger brush for $8 dollars they stock right next to the cream. I would hate for someones first experience with a brush and cream be with those two products.

Hate away! That was my first experience.

10 1,858
 05-03-2012, 09:05 PM
User Info
(05-03-2012, 06:29 PM)Songwind Wrote:
Quote:I would hate for someones first experience with a brush and cream be with those two products.

Hate away! That was my first experience.

And yet, you recovered!

0 836