02-23-2014, 09:10 AM
User Info
Hi all... my wife and I are going to take a trip to Solvang California, and was wondering if any of you have been in that area (or nearby) who could suggest some must stop stores to find cool shaving stuff.

0 54
 02-23-2014, 10:00 AM
User Info
don't have a clue about solvang ca - but solvang is a norwegian surname Wink

7 1,624
 02-23-2014, 10:39 AM
User Info
(02-23-2014, 10:00 AM)tonsorius Wrote: don't have a clue about solvang ca - but solvang is a norwegian surname Wink

Also Danish...I believe this is the Danish variety. I have been to the town, but it was forever ago and I wasn't looking for razors then...I have picked up cast iron pans for cooking Æbleskiver there. Beautiful area though...Enjoy. Thought I would chime in though as a Dane from SoCal...Biggrin Definitely try the different foods, while you are there!

47 385
 02-24-2014, 10:08 PM
User Info
(02-23-2014, 10:39 AM)CJames Wrote:
(02-23-2014, 10:00 AM)tonsorius Wrote: don't have a clue about solvang ca - but solvang is a norwegian surname Wink

Also Danish...I believe this is the Danish variety. I have been to the town, but it was forever ago and I wasn't looking for razors then...I have picked up cast iron pans for cooking Æbleskiver there. Beautiful area though...Enjoy. Thought I would chime in though as a Dane from SoCal...Biggrin Definitely try the different foods, while you are there!

It's a beautiful area, and it is Danish. We found some vintage shops a few miles north in a town called Orcutt, but struck out on razors. I came across a Rolls, a Milord, and a Gem 1912, but the prices were steeper than eBay and etsy so I passed. On the other hand, I came across (and inhaled) more than a few Danish goodies and a couple of these,[Image: J5m4YwG.jpg]

0 54