03-03-2014, 09:47 AM
  • TADIII
  • Gilletter from Home
  • FL & NC
User Info
I have been looking for something like this case for a while, now. ATT has been teasing us for about a year without a finished product yet, so when Sanch offered these I jumped.
The leather is exquisite, and Shane’s cutting and stitching are top-notch. His dye work was excellent on mine (Black and Tan) and looked equally good on the sunburst pictures he showed.
I only recently had the opportunity to toss it into my Dopp kit and use it away from home – it passed with flying colors!
These cases are made for three piece razors with 80 to 85mm handles. The longer Weber classic handle will not fit, and both the Weber and Ikon Bulldog handles are tight squeezes, but, fortunately for me my favorite handles are all Bulldog style or Bell Tube style and I can indeed squeeze them in. The combo retainer for the razor head and the blade package is built for paper-board razor boxes only – no plastic tucks. Shane told me the holder size was to assure a tight fit for the razor head without it rattling around. I have a couple of leather holsters for my one-piece razors, but Sanch’s case is best by far. Please forgive my out of focus photography:

[Image: sHUaFae.jpg]

[Image: i76sPmg.jpg]

[Image: ruk3H8F.jpg]

Tom

Edit: I tried to help the pictures the best I could. - Johnny

16 91
 03-03-2014, 09:48 AM
  • Lutebro
  • Olympia, WA
User Info
I have a friend who does leatherwork. I'll have to talk him into doing something like this.

58 1,312
 03-03-2014, 10:17 AM
User Info
You know.. those are pretty awful photos...

6 827
 03-03-2014, 10:34 AM
  • Sanch
  • Tennessee
User Info
Tom, Thank you for the review! I am glad the case is serving you well!!

2 253
 03-03-2014, 10:43 AM
User Info
Thank you for the photos and the update on how the holder is working out for you. Smile

83 21,077
 03-03-2014, 12:19 PM
User Info
I aprecciate the Wallet in the picture as to show the size of the case.

0 295
 03-05-2014, 06:40 AM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Thanks for posting this Tom.

178 23,807
 03-05-2014, 07:25 AM
User Info
Beautiful looking high quality cases.

121 13,116
 03-05-2014, 11:20 PM
User Info
Hello Guys!

I was lucky enough to be able to grab a couple of the first run leather razor cases from Sanch. I grabbed one for my boss as well as one for me. I was very happy to deal with Sanch and recieved these in the mail very quickly. He packaged them up nicely and safely for each of them.

I will have to post pics at a later time as I do not have an actual camera. The quality of these is really great and very tough, meaning durable. I can't wait to really get some travel in and use it like it should be intended for. I really like the fact that the place that contains the spot for the handle and the cap/base is very strong with a bit of flex. I had put my bakelite razor in there and it was snugg and didn't have the fear of it getting crushed. The only issue I had was trying to put my muhle grande handle and it did fit in the handle slot but since it is so long, the case cannot properly close.

The finish is very nice and love the simplicity of it. I don't get much out of something that is too fancy. I like the fact that sewing is visible and the thickness of the leather is a nice compliment. I look forward to seeing if there is ones of different style of cases for different styles of razors like a2 piece razor or a nice travel 4 piece razor case.

Thanks again to Sanch for easy communication and making a great artisan product for the wet shaving community. I wish him best of luck selling more and to have a ton of fun making them for more and more to enjoy including myself!

Smile

79 1,338
 03-06-2014, 06:37 PM
  • Sanch
  • Tennessee
User Info
Zac, thank you for the review very fair and to the point I'm pleased that you are happy with the cases and Thank you for being one of the 1st 8!
(03-05-2014, 11:20 PM)zaclikestoshave Wrote: Hello Guys!

I was lucky enough to be able to grab a couple of the first run leather razor cases from Sanch. I grabbed one for my boss as well as one for me. I was very happy to deal with Sanch and recieved these in the mail very quickly. He packaged them up nicely and safely for each of them.

I will have to post pics at a later time as I do not have an actual camera. The quality of these is really great and very tough, meaning durable. I can't wait to really get some travel in and use it like it should be intended for. I really like the fact that the place that contains the spot for the handle and the cap/base is very strong with a bit of flex. I had put my bakelite razor in there and it was snugg and didn't have the fear of it getting crushed. The only issue I had was trying to put my muhle grande handle and it did fit in the handle slot but since it is so long, the case cannot properly close.

The finish is very nice and love the simplicity of it. I don't get much out of something that is too fancy. I like the fact that sewing is visible and the thickness of the leather is a nice compliment. I look forward to seeing if there is ones of different style of cases for different styles of razors like a2 piece razor or a nice travel 4 piece razor case.

Thanks again to Sanch for easy communication and making a great artisan product for the wet shaving community. I wish him best of luck selling more and to have a ton of fun making them for more and more to enjoy including myself!

Smile

2 253
 03-06-2014, 07:04 PM
User Info

0 57
 03-15-2014, 04:21 AM
User Info
That case is very nice - I love the simplicity of the design. Great work

0 150