03-03-2014, 06:44 PM
User Info
This is a little mini-vent on my part. Long story short, I'm trying to get a tin of Mike's Barbershop (love it, am running low), and a tin of O/C/P (have a sample, would love to own it)so I've watched his site meticulously for weeks now to be ready when products are in stock.

I'm not sure if this is some kind of marketing/availability thing, but every time Barbershop is in stock, guess what goes out of stock? Guess what goes out of stock when O/C/P comes back in stock? Argh!

So very frustrating, I want to buy direct from him so I have some fresher tins, and I'd prefer to support him, but at this rate I'll need to just give up eventually and figure out how to buy secondhand or something. I tried sending an e-mail over a week ago, but no response yet!

Undecided

16 249
 03-03-2014, 07:19 PM
  • Triad
  • Triad Razor Handles
  • Texas
User Info
It is tricky to time two different scents a lot like strop shoppe. PIA yes, worth it yes

118 1,708
 03-03-2014, 07:26 PM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
I recently had the same luck with Barbershop and Hungarian Lavender. I just ended up ordering separate Biggrin

34 1,628
 03-03-2014, 07:31 PM
User Info
Travis, it looks like Vintage has both in stock as well as quite a few others. Jim's a very nice guy and has incredibly fast shipping. I wouldn't worry about "fresher tins", Mike's sells so quickly, they are all fresh. I hope this helps Biggrin

http://www.vintagebladesllc.com/shop/Mik...-Soap.html

96 2,590
 03-03-2014, 07:46 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
I have a feeling that both Mike's and Strop Shoppe are sending products to vendors first, and selling what's left over on their website. I know that Strop Shoppe posted that they had a large order to fill, and once filled, they would have more product available on their site. I also think that vendors like Vintage Blades are better equipped to package and mail the soaps in a timely manner. My last few orders from both artisans left me with dented tins and shoddy looking containers, although the soaps were fine. I felt that they were probably products that the vendors would reject if sent to them.

38 5,113
 03-03-2014, 08:14 PM
User Info
(03-03-2014, 07:31 PM)Jmartz Wrote: Travis, it looks like Vintage has both in stock as well as quite a few others. Jim's a very nice guy and has incredibly fast shipping. I wouldn't worry about "fresher tins", Mike's sells so quickly, they are all fresh. I hope this helps Biggrin

http://www.vintagebladesllc.com/shop/Mik...-Soap.html

Oh wow, this is actually VERY helpful! Thanks!

16 249
 03-03-2014, 08:41 PM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
Being a frugal bastard, my biggest beef with ordering through other vendors, Vintage Blades in particular, is that unless you order at least 5 soaps, you're paying quite a bit more due their $10.99 UPS shipping.
Also if you already have tins or other containers, and just want bars/refills, they don't carry them..so that's another $2 per soap for the tin.

Although, I suppose if you're desperate enough, or are planning on placing a large order anyway, it wouldn't be so bad. Good luck with the hunt, whichever route you choose.

31 1,510
 03-03-2014, 09:02 PM
User Info
Good luck with your search.

83 21,081
 03-04-2014, 08:04 AM
User Info
(03-03-2014, 07:46 PM)evnpar Wrote: I also think that vendors like Vintage Blades are better equipped to package and mail the soaps in a timely manner.

I agree and I hope more artisans start using different distribution channels. Do you know of any other vendors currently carrying Mike's soaps?

0 68
 03-04-2014, 02:06 PM
User Info
(03-03-2014, 06:44 PM)explodyii Wrote: This is a little mini-vent on my part. Long story short, I'm trying to get a tin of Mike's Barbershop (love it, am running low), and a tin of O/C/P (have a sample, would love to own it)so I've watched his site meticulously for weeks now to be ready when products are in stock.

I'm not sure if this is some kind of marketing/availability thing, but every time Barbershop is in stock, guess what goes out of stock? Guess what goes out of stock when O/C/P comes back in stock? Argh!

So very frustrating, I want to buy direct from him so I have some fresher tins, and I'd prefer to support him, but at this rate I'll need to just give up eventually and figure out how to buy secondhand or something. I tried sending an e-mail over a week ago, but no response yet!

Undecided

I too was wanting to purchase Barbershop as well as Hungarian Lavender but was not seeing them available for a number of weeks. Or, the buy button was available, but when I placed in the cart, they indicated as not available when I tried to pay. After a number of attempts to purchase the soap I sent Mike an email inquiring when these soaps would be able. To make the story short, Mike sent me emails when the soaps were available and I was able to purchase. Not sure what is happening with your purchase since Mike was quick to respond.

I saw Barbershop at Vintage Blades but was not going to pay ~$11.00 for a tin of soap. The order worked out with Mike...hope your does too.

Best wishes in obtaining the soap.

22 752