03-04-2014, 08:15 AM
User Info
I recently purchased this soap because it sounded like the kind of scent I would be in to. I have never used a HTGAM product before but had generally read glowing reviews about the shaving soaps. The soap smells fantastic. Like CC Bay Rum AS with some lime and coconut in the background and a light smokiness that I really like. The lather though is very strange.

First lather with a boar brush didn't yield great results. But once I read that you should use warm to hot water I was able to improve upon my first attempt. That said, the lather is still very strange in that it is very light (and fluffy as opposed to creamy) and feels like it shouldn't provide any cushion at all. The funny thing is I get great shaves with it and it is quite protective.

Has anyone else experienced this? Its unlike any soap I've used but I really like it.

0 68
 03-04-2014, 08:46 AM
User Info
The lather gets very clumpy and can be messy. But it is still very moisturizing and protective. I think the smell of the cocnut bay was very interesting. I bought it as a gift and have the Gondelier and the Cavendish myself. Just load up plenty and be careful not to let too much lather chunk fall of your face.

79 1,295
 03-17-2014, 09:17 AM
User Info
I bought it and I enjoy it quite a bit. I have no complaints with it at all.

19 881
 11-11-2014, 01:36 AM
User Info
(03-17-2014, 09:17 AM)TSEvangelist Wrote: I bought it and I enjoy it quite a bit. I have no complaints with it at all.

Hey i just bought the Coconut Bay. Question real quick since this is my first bay rum type scent, does this soap smells aggressively of cloves or do you think i just got a bad batch?? the minute i opened this soap all i can smell is cloves and nothing else.. it feels like a clove soap. ive been looking everywhere on the internet and cant find a thing about the scent.. so might as well ask someone who has it.

btw i really like your videos on youtube. keep it up!

0 12
 11-11-2014, 03:19 AM
User Info
I wonder if they are all like that. I bought a tin of HTGAM in another scent and wasn't crazy about the lather. It had to go bye bye.

11 230
 11-14-2014, 10:10 PM
  • Csd3
  • Denver, Co
User Info
I bought the beach. It smells like avon's Skin So Soft that I grew up using to keep the gnats away. I also bought Chocolate Bourban which carries a scent similar to Nestle's Quick. I havent lathered either yet as a result and the reviews regarding odd lather are more and more consistant.
(These will both be making an appearance on BST soon. )

7 325
 11-15-2014, 11:08 AM
User Info
(11-11-2014, 01:36 AM)Abhikpr Wrote:
(03-17-2014, 09:17 AM)TSEvangelist Wrote: I bought it and I enjoy it quite a bit. I have no complaints with it at all.

Hey i just bought the Coconut Bay. Question real quick since this is my first bay rum type scent, does this soap smells aggressively of cloves or do you think i just got a bad batch?? the minute i opened this soap all i can smell is cloves and nothing else.. it feels like a clove soap. ive been looking everywhere on the internet and cant find a thing about the scent.. so might as well ask someone who has it.

btw i really like your videos on youtube. keep it up!
To me, the scent is primarily toasted coconut with a little bay rum

1 169