03-05-2014, 12:53 PM
User Info
I'm thinking about acquiring another SS soap next week...so either the Teak Wood or Vivace. I'm leaning towards the Teak but am intrigued by the Vivace as this new version includes lanolin.

Ideally I can wait to order the Vivace next Thursday and the Teak will still be available but if that's not the case what are others opinions on each of these scents?

33 548
 03-05-2014, 01:48 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
Many Strop Shoppe scents seem to be very mild to me, but Teak Wood is the exception. I purchased it after reading Greg's Shaving Soap Review a year ago, when he placed it in his top ten, and it's easily in mine. It's a woodsy scent, but different than sandalwood. Greg described it as a sweet, woodsy scent, possibly related to vanilla, but that's not quite it either. In contrast, Vivace is a milder, cologne type scent to me. Since I prefer stronger scents, and do enjoy woodsy scents, I prefer Teak Wood over Vivace. You can't go wrong with either, since you'll be getting one of the best soaps available.

38 5,113
 03-06-2014, 08:33 AM
User Info
The scent of the Teak Wood sounds great. I'll monitor it next week and see if I can hold out to get a tub of Vivace as well.

33 548