03-06-2014, 01:33 PM
User Info
I really like the scent of my new Pen's Sartorial shaving soap. Unfortunately, Penhaligon's does not make a Sartorial splash aftershave and apparently has no plans to do so. My skin does not tolerate EdTs, although I have had some luck diluting Creed EdPs for use as aftershaves. Right now I am dithering about whether to try diluting Pen's Sartorial EdT that way, or instead, to just buy some Sartorial Beard Oil and use it as a rubbed in aftershave. I have seen a couple sites that sell beard oil claiming that it can be used as an aftershave oil too. Has anyone here used Sartorial Beard Oil - or any other beard oil - as an aftershave? Does the scent linger satisfactorily?

206 12,188
 03-07-2014, 04:22 PM
User Info
I use the Truefitt and Hill preshave oil as aftershave oil sometimes.

4 90
 03-16-2014, 05:53 AM
User Info
I would be careful using oil as an aftershave. Small quantities great for moisturizing beard and skin underneath but more might clog your pores.

1 182
 03-17-2014, 07:53 AM
User Info
(03-16-2014, 05:53 AM)ffarouki Wrote: I would be careful using oil as an aftershave. Small quantities great for moisturizing beard and skin underneath but more might clog your pores.

^ agreed ^

I just recently started using a beard oil to condition and tame my beard and treat the dry, scaly flakes that sometimes occur on the skin under the beard. I love it. But, I would hesitate using it as an aftershave. I could def see using it as a shave oil, but not as an aftershave.

2 237