03-07-2014, 08:29 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
For your consideration, I have some brushes that have been kicked out of the den by some new guests along with a few other items that need new homes. Prices do not include shipping and I will be willing to ship worldwide. I will cover the shipping (in the US) on any item or combination of items over $50. Anybody that qualifies for free shipping can also choose to add one of the AoS creams or Domino After Shave for free. More pictures with higher resolution can be seen at my dropbox folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lh992qrpl11dsaj/U8QWaRgNGv

Please PM me if you see anything you are interested in or have any questions.

First up we have three boar brushes:
[Image: eeSjJQ3.jpg]
Semogue 2030B: Very strong backbone and soft tips, I love everything about this brush except for the handle. Knot 22 x 50 $10 PENDING
Omega 10065 red w/ stand: Not broken in yet, I bought this brush to give Omega another chance, but I don't care for the lack of splay, I am truly a Semogue Man! Knot 24 x 55 $7 SOLD SOLD SOLD
Omega 11037 Mixed boar/badger Mighty Midget: Not broken in yet, great little travel brush with a touch of scritch. Knot 20 x 43 $10 SOLD SOLD SOLD

Three brushes I am having trouble letting go:
[Image: oLTr8eA.jpg]
WSP 24mm Superfine in custom Oscar 11 handle: Great knot (soft tips and medium-firm backbone), this handle is just not my style. Knot 25 x 48 $50 SOLD SOLD SOLD
Vulfix 2236 customized with 2-band Virginia Sheng Finest knot: Another very nice knot, very similar to the WSP in performance, has only been used a half dozen times since assembling. Knot 26 x 53 $50 SOLD SOLD SOLD
Trumper (simpson) Beaufort 2 (B2) Pure Badger: This is a stunning brush that has seen very little use. The knot is scritchy for sure, not as bad as cheaper pure badgers, but certainly more than I am comfortable with. The butterscotch patina is not perfectly even, but that is the only flaw that I could find and only somebody as picky about their butterscotch as I am would even notice. I would need to reknot this brush to keep it in rotation and this brush deserves to be enjoyed the way it was created. Knot 20 x 47 $80 now $70

Two more brushes I'm not sure I even want to sell:
[Image: hQJr8zt.jpg]
Trumper (Vulfix) IB8 Super: This is truly an amazing, do anything brush in a style that was made only for Trumper for a short period in the 1990s. It is middle of the road as far as backbone and density, but the tips are very soft. I wouldn't recommend this brush to somebody that exclusively face lathers soap (though I have used it several times in that manner) but it really is a good all arounder. Knot 22 x 50 $65 SOLD SOLD SOLD
Truefitt & Hill Classic small Best Woodstock (Rooney 3/1): This brush would be staying home if I didn't just buy a 3/2 Super Silvertip from another member. The knot has a great combination of firm backbone and mild scritch and is great for tearing up triple milled soaps. The Woodstock handle adds another touch of style and scarcity to this limited edition brush. Knot 22 x 47 $55 SOLD SOLD SOLD

Misc:
[Image: 7CaCG33.jpg]
NOS Crabtree & Evelyn Mysore Sandalwood soap in bowl. This is only being sold as it is a duplicate in my den. The scent is mild, but definitely sandalwood and the soap lathers much better than any other modern English soap (except DR Harris, which is probably about equal). I am including a mismatched box from 1978. $25 SOLD SOLD

Matador El Gordo: Used twice, excellent head (effective and moderately aggressive) but I'm not a fan of the huge handle (would make a good combo with the Vulfix 2236). $15 SOLD SOLD SOLD

Fragrances: (see dropbox folder for pictures) NOW FREE SHIPPING

Capucci Pour Homme (compared to Acqua di Parma Colonia) 100mL- spray tested a few times 95+% remaining. $20
Realm Men 50mL - worn to work a few times, but wife doesn't care for it and it lingers all day 95+% remaining. $10
Quorum EdT 100mL - worn a dozen times before wife cut me off on this one, very masculane 90%+ remaining. $10
Animale Temptation 100mL - not in a hurry to get rid of this, but it isn't in my top 10 nice woodsy/citrus scent 95%+ remaining. $17

Aftershave lot:
[Image: Mg0Mn4z.jpg]
New Sah Zefros and Herbs of Bulgaria splash: Great scents, but as I come to appreciate colognes more I tend to choose a very lightly scented splash and these aren't that. $25 for both

Add ons or freebies if spending more than $50
[Image: ayKQdYg.jpg]
AoS Sandalwood or Lavender 1 oz. travel tube. One of the best shaving creams on the market in terms of quality of lather, ease of lather and quality of scent. A must have for frequent flyers. $3 ea.
Figaro Aftershave - $3

139 2,676
 03-08-2014, 10:21 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
Only the Butterscotch Simpson and fragrances remain. Entertaining offers.

139 2,676
 03-10-2014, 07:06 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
Price drop on Simpson brush and free shipping on all fragrances for US members

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

139 2,676
 03-11-2014, 05:21 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
By request I have uploaded some better pictures of the Simpson brush to the Dropbox link. I apologize for my lack of camera skills, but its the best I can do with my Galaxy.

139 2,676
 03-12-2014, 02:11 PM
User Info
Archived.

129 6,685