03-07-2014, 09:22 AM
User Info
Anyone else have this happen before?

I'm using RazoRock XXX this month and when I use my vintage yellow Baton handle with a TGN finest knot, the lather is leaching some color from the handle. Some of the foam starts taking on a distinct yellow color. This has never happened with XXX and any other brush I have, nor with with this brush and any other soap or cream that I have.

I can't see any ill effect on my brush, but I'm about to quit using that combination to prevent any bleaching of the brush handle.

0 836
 03-07-2014, 09:34 AM
User Info
I've noticed the Finest knots from TGN must have stained stems as the tips take on a rusty brown tinge from them. The tips go back to more normal white after a few uses. It seems to wash out. I know it's slightly different to the handle loosing colour/color.
Not noticed any particular soap or cream causing it though.

0 875
 03-07-2014, 09:51 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
This is pretty common for all butterscotch brushes that haven't been used or cleaned in a while. One of the side-effects of the butterscotch/patina process is that the catalin leaches a thin film of oil and this is emulsified when the lather comes in contact. Here is a cool website with a lot of information on old catalin. http://www.pontrello.com/radios.html

144 2,749