03-08-2014, 10:54 PM
  • Attila
  • The Hungarian Blade
  • Vancouver, Canada
User Info
Antique stand has now sold. Everything has sold. Mods please archive.

Price is valid for Canada and USA destinations. Overseas might be just a little bit extra. If you want tracked shipping, it will be $10 more.

On to the items!

A Simpsons Polo 8 in two band, with the box. Just an excellent brush really. Nice backbone yet very soft tips and good flow through. No scritch at all that I could detect and I am very sensitive to scritch. Very comfortable to hold handle and the sticker is still fully intact with the writing quite legible. $195. SOLD!

A WSP Monarch Superfine two band brush. Also a nice brush. Not in the same league as the Simpsons so the price reflects it. But similar characteristics and I got it for a very good price when I bought it so I am passing on the same. $45 SOLD!

An antique pipe stand that I have been using as a DE and straight razor holder. Two pics one with and one without razors. I should mention it can hold 8 razors of any kind. Doesn't have to be 4 straight and 4 DE. Plenty of room for long handles and wide holes for thick handles. I have no idea how old it is. But it is solid and in good shape. I put a coat of lemon oil on it and it has been stained. Very nice looking piece I think. Oh...and the razors on the stand are not for sale at this time. $50 $45 $40 FINAL PRICE DROP TO $30.

[Image: QqMIarp.jpg] [Image: bxmhbb1.jpg]

A great beginner razor. A Sprock 5/8. As you can see, it has a very hollow grind but it just shaves so easily and the solid jimps top and bottom really aid in the grip. I started with this razor and it gave me some really, really great shaves. I found it a lot easier to use than some other modern razors I had tried. As you can see, she has seen some use but still has a lot of life in her! If you are just starting out or just want a solid 5/8 razor, you'd be well pleased with this one. $45 SOLD!

My Robert Williams Custom. It is based on the SRP LE blade shape but with some modifications. No logo, smiling blade (a little larger than 6/8) with long monkeytail (makes it really easy and comfortable to hold), nice symmetrical jimps top and bottom, burgundy micarta scales with a nickel spacer and of course the usual hex screws that can be tightened with the provided allen key that Mr. Williams sends with the razor. It is a 1/4 grind and I have found that I prefer the hollower grinds for my skin type. Although I will be sad to see this one go since it is a real quality piece, using the proprietary steel that Mr. Williams is famous for. It has an edge recently honed by Alfredo (Doc226 here on the boards) and he has generously offered to do a free touch up on the razor for whomever purchases this item. I could mail the razor to Doc, he would touch it up for you if you so wish and then he would forward on to you with a totally fresh edge. This is quite a bit less than what I payed for it and with no wait... $415 $400 $390 FINAL PRICE DROP TO $380! SOLD!

[Image: 3DvDeAI.jpg] [Image: pxghxxN.jpg] [Image: bXasqNH.jpg]

This one is a rarity. A JMP Filarmonica 14 Sub Cero (a full 8/8) in EXCELLENT condition with the original box. As you can see, it is in great shape with no rust or tarnish on the blade or on the jimps. It also has an edge recently put on it by Alfredo. I would definitely classify it as shave ready. It seems to hold an edge really, really well and it hones up very easily. Has the very hollow grind that the Filis are famous for. I had to think long and hard about this one before I listed it and wouldn't be dissapointed if I had to hold on to it. As you can see, it is in remarkably good shape with no tarnish and the Gold wash is still all there, which is pretty hard to find.

$430. SOLD!

Thanks for looking guys and I hope the rest of your weekend goes well.

14 871
 03-09-2014, 03:37 AM
User Info
Wow! Those are some nice items. The Sub-Cero in that size is pretty rare.

Good luck with the sale!

37 1,743
 03-09-2014, 01:52 PM
  • TheMonk
  • Super Moderator
  • Porto, Portugal
User Info
Damn, the Sub-Cero is already sold... I've been looking for one of those for some time now.

26 4,953
 03-09-2014, 02:32 PM
  • Attila
  • The Hungarian Blade
  • Vancouver, Canada
User Info
(03-09-2014, 01:52 PM)TheMonk Wrote: Damn, the Sub-Cero is already sold... I've been looking for one of those for some time now.

Sorry about that. Keep your eyes open. You will probably find one eventually I'm sure! Best of luck in the hunt.

14 871
 03-09-2014, 03:39 PM
  • TheMonk
  • Super Moderator
  • Porto, Portugal
User Info
(03-09-2014, 02:32 PM)Attila Wrote:
(03-09-2014, 01:52 PM)TheMonk Wrote: Damn, the Sub-Cero is already sold... I've been looking for one of those for some time now.

Sorry about that. Keep your eyes open. You will probably find one eventually I'm sure! Best of luck in the hunt.

Thank you, I hope so. Smile
This is currently my most coveted razor, along with a W&B Barbers Use 9/8.

26 4,953
 03-10-2014, 08:38 AM
  • Attila
  • The Hungarian Blade
  • Vancouver, Canada
User Info
Updated for final price drops on the Robert Williams custom razor and the antique stand.

14 871
 03-11-2014, 02:18 AM
  • MikekiM
  • Long Island, NY
User Info
I have a similarly modified R.Williams, born of the SRP logo blade and used it yesterday.

The ergonomics of that blade are just amazing. Like this one, I had jimps added to mine and along with the long tail, it's possibly the most comfortable razor I have used. And it holds a wonderful edge. How Roberts gets this quarter hollow to sing as it does, is beyond me.

At $390, this is a steel for what is essentially a custom razor from an incredible US based artisan.

33 914
 03-11-2014, 10:56 AM
  • Attila
  • The Hungarian Blade
  • Vancouver, Canada
User Info
Hello Gents,

I have decided to do one last price drop on both items remaining (the stand and the Robert Williams Custom razor).

I will not be dropping the prices any further for any still on the fence.

14 871
 03-11-2014, 12:48 PM
  • P Funk
  • I can only carry 50 chickens at a time
  • Bay Area, NorCal
User Info
Great deal on the Williams!

19 591