03-09-2014, 01:09 AM
User Info
I was discussing this with the wife just tonight in regards to the Kampfe '13 Lather Catcher and yesterday mornings shave. Phenomenal shave by the way.

When I began the quest for the perfect shave I was much as anyone else. Trying this and that, but I knew I wanted mild razors whether they were SE or DE. I began with a Featherweight then a Gillette Black handle SS. That lead me to a Slim, and the adjustability lead me to try more aggressive settings which lead me to magical setting #9 and the BBS that ensued from that setting. That was the gateway drug for even more aggressive razors.

My point is that when you begin your razor journey no matter if it's SE or DE you have no idea where it will end. If you have a razor that doesn't ring your bell, especially for aggressiveness, just keep it in inventory if possible and visit it now and then. It just might work it's way into your "best of" list.

Back to the Kampfe '13 I mentioned earlier... At one time I thought it was far too aggressive to ever make my "best of" list. But for the past few months I've found it to be a really fantastic razor. I'm so thankful that I never parted with it since they aren't exactly easy to find.

My point... if you have it and don't need to turn it over to recover the cash, hold onto it and revisit it at a later time. You just might find it to be fantastic. It took me 2 years to realize the Kampfe '13 to be as good as it is. If you don't have the razor in hand you can't possibly try it again.

Oh, if anyone sees another Kampfe '13... don't buy it; just let me know about it. Or if you have one and you don't like it... I need a spare. I'm the person you need to find. Just PM me. Other razors, do as I suggest above. :-)

32 6,459
 03-09-2014, 01:19 AM
User Info
I guess I've been lucky, since I still to come across a razor that don't work for me - only some that work less good Tongue

I have figured that if I should run across one that - after repeated attempts - plain isn't for me, I would either offer it on B/S/T or simply PIF it to someone who wanted it.

3 4,484
 03-09-2014, 07:59 AM
User Info
The only Razor I tried that did not work for me was the fatip. Well, really it was a Premax, but for simplification we will just call it a Fatip. Way too aggressive. It is sitting a drawer in my dresser somewhere.

0 295
 03-09-2014, 09:08 AM
User Info
Brian, great to hear this razor is working out well for you.

I have tried being patient with quite a few razors, but these just didn't work out, so I sent them on their way. Biggrin

83 21,077
 03-15-2014, 08:21 AM
User Info
I put them aside and try them again in a few months. If they still don't work, I set them aside for a much longer time and then try them again. If I am still not happy with them, I put them in my drawer of razors I need to sell eventually.

eric.

7 150