03-10-2014, 08:00 AM
  • warhawk
  • Beautiful NorthWest Florida
User Info
Hi Gents: I hope all is well with you and your families. Recently... I purchased a Thater 4125/2 from B/S/T and I received the brush in minty condition.

However, the other day, I noticed a small crack at the area where the 2-band badger hair meets. Right now... it doesn't affect the performance but I am kinda OCD about the crack. It would not be such a big deal but for a luxury brush like Thater I was hoping this would not happen. I did not drop the brush because I am very careful with all my things.

Anyways... I have been Googleing (Thater) in hopes to get info so I can contact them but I only get info on Royal Shave and Straight Razor Design who carries the Thater line.

If any one can help me with a email contact info for Thater... please let me know. Thanks and if any one had any experience with this situation, I would love to hear your story.

WARHAWK

12 333
 03-10-2014, 08:02 AM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
PM sent regarding Thater contact info.

102 18,669
 03-10-2014, 08:22 AM
User Info
Sorry to hear about your crack, as I would be OCD about it as well.

13 133
 03-10-2014, 09:35 AM
User Info
Perhaps SRD or Royal Shave can help put you in touch with Thater. Please keep us posted on how Thater responds. Unlike Simpson or Shavemac, where one can communicate with the owner directly, I've always had concerns about how one addresses customer service issues with Thater. By the way, I think most of us would be bothered by a crack like that in an expensive brush.

51 6,448
 03-10-2014, 09:47 AM
User Info
Mel, best of luck remedying the situation.

83 21,115
 03-10-2014, 10:02 AM
  • SLB04
  • Schalksmühle
User Info
Contact details can be found on their website:

http://www.badger-shavingbrush.com/21.html

1 375
 03-10-2014, 10:46 AM
User Info
I love my 4125/2 two band. That said, you may not find much, if any satisfaction.

I recall seeing a pdf document online regarding an issue with Thater by a vendor. As I recall the vendor asked Thater to resolve a quality control issue, and Thater threw it back in the vendor's lap to resolve. Basically the gist of the Thater's position is that it was up to the vendor resolve issues, not them. Then Thater would decide if it were legitimate. I could be wrong, but being in customer service I remember that the pdf of the correspondence did not set well with me.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope Thater either replaces the brush or handle, or offers partial compensation. Wishing you the best!

6 358
 03-10-2014, 10:54 AM
  • warhawk
User Info
Hi Gents:

I just emailed Thater and I hope that some one can help me out.

I don't really complain about things but for the price I paid for this luxury brush I did not expect to see any cracks. Most especially if I do not drop it and that I always meticulously take care of my things.

Hopefully I can report something positive. Like I said, I love the brush but the tiny crack is bothersome to me. Again... if any one had any issues with their Thater brushes have they provided great customer service?

WARHAWK

12 333
 03-10-2014, 11:02 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(03-10-2014, 08:00 AM)warhawk Wrote: Hi Gents: I hope all is well with you and your families. Recently... I purchased a Thater 4125/2 from B/S/T and I received the brush in minty condition.

However, the other day, I noticed a small crack at the area where the 2-band badger hair meets. Right now... it doesn't affect the performance but I am kinda OCD about the crack. It would not be such a big deal but for a luxury brush like Thater I was hoping this would not happen. I did not drop the brush because I am very careful with all my things.

Anyways... I have been Googleing (Thater) in hopes to get info so I can contact them but I only get info on Royal Shave and Straight Razor Design who carries the Thater line.

If any one can help me with a email contact info for Thater... please let me know. Thanks and if any one had any experience with this situation, I would love to hear your story.

WARHAWK

I believe that this voids their warranty.

[Image: KtwpCzu.jpg]

46 18,639
 03-10-2014, 03:34 PM
  • warhawk
User Info
@Phil: WOW!!! I'm soooooooooo disappointed in this BST purchase. Basically...I spent $$$ on a luxury brush that failed me. I'm disappointed because I only shaved with it twice!!!!

I have not heard back from Thater. I will keep you guys posted.
I still say that Thater should make an exception because like I said I only shaved with it twice.Sad

WARHAWK

12 333
 03-10-2014, 03:41 PM
User Info
was it unused when you purchased it?

7 1,624
 03-10-2014, 03:46 PM
  • warhawk
User Info
(03-10-2014, 03:41 PM)tonsorius Wrote: was it unused when you purchased it?
The seller mentioned in his B/S/T that he used it once.

WARHAWK

12 333
 03-10-2014, 04:11 PM
User Info
Under these circumstances, Thater should step up and do the right thing.

51 6,448
 03-10-2014, 04:57 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
(03-10-2014, 04:11 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: Under these circumstances, Thater should step up and do the right thing.

Don't hold your breath. There is no way to verify if the original user only used the brush once and the warranty also requires an original receipt.

46 18,639
 03-10-2014, 05:17 PM
  • German
  • Simpson 2 Band Aficionado
  • USA
User Info
They have no obligation.
If they have learnt from previous occasions ... they hopefully just do something nevertheless. Easier to keep a happy customer than attracting a new one...

39 1,896
 03-10-2014, 05:18 PM
User Info
(03-10-2014, 08:00 AM)warhawk Wrote: Hi Gents: I hope all is well with you and your families. Recently... I purchased a Thater 4125/2 from B/S/T and I received the brush in minty condition.

WARHAWK

Mel, sorry about the brush.

1 2,827
 03-10-2014, 05:54 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
Yes Mel...I too am sorry about the brush.

46 18,639
 03-10-2014, 08:06 PM
User Info
The thing is about BST is that you save a lot of money, but you don't get a warranty. Almost NOTHING you buy on BST will give you any kind of warranty. It is always best to inspect the goods when you first get them from the seller. If you have a problem hopefully you can work it out. If the guy is a jerk then you get Paypal involved and they usually drop the hammer.

My suggestion: crack the handle with a chisel and get that knot out of there. Contact Bernd at Shavemac or Rudy Vey and see if they will sell you an octagonal handle. Hopefully it won't cost too much and you replace the handle yourself. Or either one of those fine gentleman will do the entire job for you.

63 1,721
 03-11-2014, 12:09 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
(03-10-2014, 08:06 PM)NSmalls Wrote: My suggestion: crack the handle with a chisel and get that knot out of there. Contact Bernd at Shavemac or Rudy Vey and see if they will sell you an octagonal handle. Hopefully it won't cost too much and you replace the handle yourself. Or either one of those fine gentleman will do the entire job for you.

THIS!

...or, PM sent with another idea.

149 2,823