03-10-2014, 08:23 AM
User Info
Yesterday I decided to shave with a personna two-bladed disposable to see if I could do so successfully. I am getting ready to take a vacationa and wanted to see if I could get by with not having to check a bag with blades or with mailing them out in advance. Anyway, I have been wet shaving with ddouble edge razors for almost five years and have found it to thoroughly eradicate ingrown hairs on my neck. It cut throught the cheeks easily, but tugged terribly on my chin and neck. I was done in no time at all and irritated my neck form top to bottom. One shave caused numerous ingrown hairs. It will take weeks of using a brush and using very sharp blades with a slant or Progress set at a very aggressive setting to erase the ingrown breakout! Argh! In the end, I satisfied my curiosity as to whether I could ever return to cartridge razors.

0 295
 03-10-2014, 08:27 AM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
A good travel razor is the BIC Sensitive. Walgreen's carry's them. It is a single blade and shaves similar to a Schick Injector.

175 23,752
 03-10-2014, 09:15 AM
User Info
(03-10-2014, 08:27 AM)Johnny Wrote: A good travel razor is the BIC Sensitive. Walgreen's carry's them. It is a single blade and shaves similar to a Schick Injector.

+1. I like the BIC too. While they no longer plague me, for some reason, I used to get ingrown hairs a lot, and the BIC worked pretty well for them when I traveled.

206 12,189
 03-10-2014, 10:02 AM
User Info
Best of luck resolving your dilemma.
The BICs are a decent disposable, but they still don't work well for me as my very coarse beard seems a bit too tough for them. Blush

82 21,056
 03-10-2014, 10:19 AM
User Info
(03-10-2014, 10:02 AM)celestino Wrote: Best of luck resolving your dilemma.
The BICs are a decent disposable, but they still don't work well for me as my very coarse beard seems a bit too tough for them. Blush

I have the same concern, having a very course beard. I do have some options as I am going to Las Vegas. I can try the Bic, go to Walgreens in Vegas and buy a pack of DE Blades, mail blades in advance or treat myself to a coouple of barber straight razor shaves. I was planning on going for one. Thanks for all the great suggestions!

0 295
 03-11-2014, 08:09 PM
User Info
Whichever way you chose, I hope things go well. Enjoy your trip. Smile

82 21,056