03-10-2014, 10:40 AM
User Info
I COULD GET BOTH BUT WHICH IS THE BETTER RAZOR IN YOUR OPINION AND WHY? HEARD GREAT THINGS ABOUT BOTH RAZORS.

0 6
 03-10-2014, 10:49 AM
User Info
I think you may be referring to the Mekur 1904 or Merkur 41 razor and not the R41 which is the Muhle razor, correct?

If you are, for me, the Mekur works better for me as it seems to be much smoother than the Ikon and I have never enjoyed the dual-heads of the Ikon. Having said this, the Ikon is a very nice shaver, but it just didn't work for my skin for some reason.
Best of luck.

82 21,056
 03-10-2014, 12:05 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Completely different razors...one is gentle,effective and easy to use...(the Ikon) and the Muhle R41 is more aggressive in a positive way but must be used with care and a light touch...that is not a bad thing just makes the shave slower . Like most of us buy both and sell the one you don,t like or even better think of them like tools and use the one for the task at hand....ie after 2 day not shaving or for a quick touch up.

6 1,995
 03-10-2014, 12:24 PM
User Info
As celestino said, there is no such thing as a Merkur R41, so I'm kind of confused. Maybe you could clarify which razor you are talking about?

If you are talking about the Muhle R41, then I agree with Harvey. The razors are completely different. It is akin to asking which vehicle should one buy, a Mazda Miata or a Ford F-150? They are both capable vehicles and it totally depends on what you want to do with them.

If you are talking about the Merkur 1904 then to me the answer is simple: I like the iKon razor about 50 times better than the 1904. Others may feel otherwise, but to me there is absolutely no comparison.

2 1,397
 03-10-2014, 04:18 PM
  • Sanch
  • Tennessee
User Info
I own both and love both but if I had to choose I'd choose SC101, The Merkur is a fine razor for a safety bar...but for the Price SC101 and the shave is BBS always for me YMMV...

2 253