03-16-2014, 01:14 PM
User Info
Got a tube of Old Spice Shaving cream in a PIF some time ago and tried it out for the first time this morning.
The person giving it to me had already mentioned that he had only used it once and didn't really enjoy it - so the bar was firmly placed a just tad above ground level.

As we all know part of any review is to position the product in a sexy, alluring pose...so here is the tube carelessly leaning against my rooster mug:
[Image: oldspice3_zpsac324911.jpg?t=1395002524]
Yes that is a sexy rooster mug and brush - and that cream knows it.

So I gathered the tools for the day:
[Image: shavegear_zpsffd04db2.jpg?t=1395001762]

...and got to work lathering up some cream.
I put about an almond sized blob into the bowl, shook off the excess water off my brush and swirled it around 60-70 times:
[Image: oldspice1_zps37add776.jpg?t=1395003107]

..another 20-30 swirls avec my brush and I had what I thought was a pretty decent lather:
[Image: oldspice2_zps3f6949c7.jpg?t=1395003107]

When applying it the first time I really got a nice whiff of a scent that might have been Old Spice (it has honestly been so long since I've smelled any Old Spice product I couldn't really tell) and I rather liked the scent. Unfortunately...that was the only time during the entire shaving session that I felt that scent - it for some reason became very scent-less after that.

First pass the lather came on nice and thick and had a good staying power.
Second pass the lather started to dissipate already after a minute on my face and I had to re-apply just because I was losing lather on my face. This may however not be the creams fault as this is one of the very first time I am using a cream at all and building a later in a bowl.

My face did feel pretty moisturized afterwards so no issue with it drying out my skin.

To sum up an already short review:

• Nice scent - but lost it too quickly
  • Pretty easy to build a lather - but not sure about staying power
  • Nice moisturizing effect

I give this a CUHPR of 6 out of 10.

0 338
 03-16-2014, 04:05 PM
  • Elendil
  • Raggedy man, good night
  • The snow's back.
User Info
The scent sticks around for me longer than it did for you, but I agree on the rest. It's a good, middle of the road cream. Later this year I will be superlathering a tube or two with some vintage OS soap that is now scentless.

0 1,137
 03-16-2014, 06:00 PM
User Info
Well, at least the tube looks classy!
I hope you can enjoy the rest of it! Smile

82 21,056