03-17-2014, 07:39 PM
User Info
Picked up a few interesting pieces. They'll need some TLC but I think I can handle that end of it.
The Universal razor in the box with accessories is neat. If you press one of the jimps on the thumb notch you can release the blade and change it out. I'm guessing that is what was in the empty slot in the box, extra blades. But it also has a blade guard that can slip on either side.
Also in the mix is an Electric single pin. I like these razors quite a bit.And they're somewhat unique. I've been collecting Unions lately and this piece has a nice etch on the blade with a gold filled logo as well " Gun Metal".
Landers Frary & Clark are also tough to find, at least for me they are as I only have 3.
The New England Cutlery is etched with "Gem of Damascus".
A quite rare piece is the Waterville Cutlery , etched " Waterville Hand Forged"
I have quite a few F. Reynolds but I had only seen photos of this style of blade. Sort of a faux frameback or some call them rattlers (?) but the hump in the spine makes me think of a whale. It's scales are genuine tortoise.

There is also another W&B wedge I picked up. Well failed to pick up as I left it sitting on the dealers table! All is good though as I emailed him and he's sending it to me.

[Image: V10dkxK.jpg]

[Image: deHRZ2A.jpg]

[Image: LjIqJAH.jpg]

[Image: BhqZpUF.jpg]

[Image: uT8sQLv.jpg]

[Image: udi5GYJ.jpg]

[Image: G2bZTIc.jpg]

[Image: IwMsWxk.jpg]

0 777
 03-18-2014, 01:06 AM
  • Boaz
  • Renfrew UK
User Info
Very nice collection.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

0 36
 03-18-2014, 01:28 PM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Now that's a nice find.

178 23,808
 03-18-2014, 06:56 PM
  • geezer
  • Menomonie, Western WI
User Info
Nice selection! The Reynolds sway back can be a fantastic shaver!
The Curley's styles are neat.
~Richard

8 1,194
 03-25-2014, 07:24 AM
  • Roef
User Info
Wow, wonderful razors !

0 13