03-18-2014, 06:32 PM
  • LORDBISHOP
  • Lover of the Wet Shaving way of Life
  • Westchester, NY
User Info
I've noticed these blades(TREET Platinum) in brick and mortar stores for awhile now, but never thought to give them a shot...I assumed they were a cheap blade that would never compare to my top choices...Boy was I wrong, I received a pack for free from "razor blades and more" with some other items I ordered. I've now used them on three days of growth and as my daily shave blade, and I am impressed...Sharp and smooth...I feel like they are similar to Gillette Silver Blues, and will certainly buy some more packs to try in other razors. IMO they are worth giving a shot. Anyone else use/try these out?

4 794
 03-18-2014, 07:03 PM
  • CMur12
  • Semogueiro de Coração
  • Moses Lake, Washington State, USA
User Info
I like these blades, too, for the same reasons you do. I like Treet Dura Sharps (PTFE-coated carbon steel) in the yellow-and-white box with red lettering even better.

Treet DE blades aren't as universally appreciated as I would expect. Some wetshavers like them while some definitely don't.

Note that Treet DE blades are made by a company in Pakistan (and they are a well-made product). Treet SE blades (of carbon steel) are made by ASR in the US (and they are my favorite SE blades).

- Murray

4 1,150
 03-18-2014, 07:13 PM
User Info
Personally, I found them to be a very bad blade. Some of the roughest shaves I have had, unfortunately. However, if they are working for you, then fantastic and you should stock up! Smile

82 21,056
 03-19-2014, 09:55 AM
User Info
They were a rough shave for me as well, but I'm glad they're working splendidly for you. I've tried their SE blade before once, as well, and found them to be a great blade.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

37 404
 03-19-2014, 12:28 PM
  • CMur12
  • Semogueiro de Coração
  • Moses Lake, Washington State, USA
User Info
(03-19-2014, 09:55 AM)emcphers Wrote: They were a rough shave for me as well, but I'm glad they're working splendidly for you. I've tried their SE blade before once, as well, and found them to be a great blade.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

As I mentioned above, ASR owns the right to the Treet brand for SE blades, so the SE blades you like are ASR products. The DE blades aren't.

- Murray

4 1,150
 03-19-2014, 03:05 PM
User Info
I like the Treet Platinum blades and have been using them for a while.

119 13,014
 03-19-2014, 03:31 PM
  • vuk
  • Virginia
User Info
I didn't care for the Treet carbon steel DE blades, the ones made in Pakistan and came in a maroon and orange box if I remember correctly.
The Treet carbon steel SE blades are a pretty good blade and came in a yellow and green card hanger.

2 517
 03-20-2014, 07:19 PM
  • Blue line
  • East Central Alabama
User Info
I wouldn't use TREET blades to slash the throat of a murderous serial killer for fear of being charged with violating his civil rights for using a cruel and unusual method of defense. I used a TREET Super Whatever and they were the absolute worst shave I have ever had. Rough, grabby and irritating. I refuse to use blades made in the middle east. Worn out, out spec. blade making equipment operated by mostly uneducated workers from third world countries is a recipe for facial disaster. Pakistan made blades fit into this category. The Russian and Indian made blades are my favorites so far.

2 334
 04-19-2014, 12:24 PM
User Info
I haven't had a problem with any of the Treet-Trig blades ,or the Treet blade made for the Brazilian market called "Barbex"...The carbon Dura-Sharp has the edge over the others.

0 9
 04-28-2014, 10:55 AM
User Info
Seems to be a very polar blade. Either you like them very much or dislike them very much. I like them very much and find them very sharp. They give me a very good shave in a Gillette NEW.

0 53