03-19-2014, 05:22 PM
User Info
I own only one razor. The Feather AS D1. It's been about 6 months since I have used another razor and I have since sold off my others. I'm sure at some point I will try another razor, but at this point, I feel no need.

I will eventually stick to using the same blade everyday as well, but still have the itch to swap blades every now and then.

Soaps, I'm a mess and can't stop acquiring more.

Just curious if others use the same product or shave item everyday? Could be a soap, blades, razor, brush? I'm interested in hearing about shave product loyalty. Biggrin

32 344
 03-19-2014, 05:41 PM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
I like variety, but often choose multiple items within one brand.

For example, multiple scents of soap from one manufacturer, multiple brushes from one maker and multiple razors from one brand...

That definitely counts as shave product loyalty in my mind!

99 18,011
 03-19-2014, 05:50 PM
User Info
I am having no problem using the cobra classic razor and feather pro blade 99% of the time. I only sneak in the Weber every few months because I have it. All others razors have went into a drawer or to my son.

Brushes, soaps, and AS...I couldn't do it.

What will happen when the Cobra 2 or HuntLee come out is TBD.

31 1,800
 03-19-2014, 06:01 PM
User Info
I like using only one brush. The thought of taking care of multiple brushes, and storing them, stresses me.

Everything else, I like to rotate. Specifically, I enjoy most rotating the aftershaves, because I enjoy them more by "resetting," coming back to them once a week.

Soaps I've stopped enjoying the rotating as much. I like to use different ones, but I've begun to try and use up one and then start another.

0 303
 03-19-2014, 06:38 PM
  • Elendil
  • Raggedy man, good night
  • The snow's back.
User Info
I use the same razor for weeks on end. I use the same soap or cream from start to finish. The same goes for the AS. I will use the same brush for a week and then switch to another.

0 1,137
 03-19-2014, 07:32 PM
User Info
I use my Weber DLC 95% of the time, Mystic Water soap 99% of the time, Super Iridiums along with vintage Wilkinson Swords as my only blades and unrefined shea butter 100%.
Brushes are another story! Biggrin

82 21,056
 03-19-2014, 07:47 PM
User Info
Brush: Cade Plisson synth exclusively since the end of January.

Razor: EverReady 1914 exclusively all of 2014.

Post shave: Krampert's Finest for 2.5 years exclusively.

Blade: GEM PTFE only for almost 2 years.

Soaps: not completely exclusive; down to MdC & Tiki. Most likely will be adding a few more (Dapper Dragon, Catie's Bubbles, a test soap or two)

31 8,056
 03-19-2014, 09:06 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
I shaved with the same two Gillette razors, a Fat Boy and a Slim, for fifty years, and used Old Spice shave soap for nearly thirty years, until it was discontinued, then used whatever my local drug stores happened to carry or would order for me. I accidentally discovered shaving forums a year ago, and now have tried anything that has peaked by interest. Funny thing, I don't think my shaves are any better than with my old Fat Boy and Slim, although today's artisan soaps are a lot better than my Old Spice. I'm having too much fun trying products, but in another year I figure I'll settle back down to using just a couple of razors and one or two brands of soap in a variety of scents. I've used the same blade for about six months, and I doubt that will change, and over the past few months I've found myself reaching for the same brand of soap as it just gives me a consistent, reliable lather and leaves my face feeling moisturized.

38 5,034
 03-19-2014, 10:18 PM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Richard, I see we have another senior citizen in the forum.

Like you for most of my shaving life it was either Williams or Old Spice soap, a cheap boar brush, and either a Gillette Slim or a Schick Injector, followed up with Mennen Skin Bracer. I did go through about a 30-year period where I used a straight razor, either a Double Duck or a Red Imp. Not until the internet and the discovery of shaving forums did I know so many wonderful products were out there. I have pretty much narrowed my soaps/creams down to four, narrowing my brushes down to around four, balms down to three, blades down to three, and just one DE razor, my AS-D2. I still have a few Schick Injectors but I don't use them often. I basically only use after shave lotions in the warmer months and I have several I like to use including my trusty old Mennen Skin Bracer.

Could I go back to using just one razor, blade, soap, brush, and after shave? I believe I could if I had to.

175 23,752
 03-19-2014, 10:27 PM
  • Colcurinho
  • From the land of Semogue, Musgo Real, ..
User Info
I use the same DE razor and blades for a long time. The soap and the after-shave I just change when it is empty.

0 106
 03-20-2014, 04:05 AM
  • tave
  • Mr whiskers
  • baltimore
User Info
I like to rotate my dozen DE razors and brushes. I switch them out after using each pack of blades. I have many soaps and creams i also rotate after using one. As far as AS and SB, you guessed it, I rotate them too. I'm having a grand ole' time doing it too! LOL!

0 76
 03-20-2014, 06:08 AM
User Info
I try to rotate some of my razors - Use them for a week straight then switch. Blades - I t use the ones that work for me mainly - Feathers and Gillette Platinum's. Soaps/Creams I will generally use a different soap/cream as well as aftershave each time.

0 150
 03-22-2014, 04:01 PM
  • Grumpy
  • DisneyLand
User Info
I am trying to get rid of some stuff so I am using the same of most things every day.

But, I change up razors DEs and SEs every now and then.

Use the same brush most of the time.

But, it is the same old soap until it is gone. Then I will buy more.

1 819
 03-22-2014, 05:35 PM
User Info
The products I settled into using 100% of the time for the last 2-3 years:

Balm - Unrefined shea butter
DE blade - Personna Lab
SE blade - GEM PTFE-coated

Almost 100%: Krampert's Finest or Frostbite

47 1,270
 03-23-2014, 09:38 AM
User Info
I am new with this and have been using the same brush every day, but I have couple different razors that I alternate between using with the same blade to try and compare the shaves.
I am still trying to decide.

9 66
 03-23-2014, 09:49 AM
User Info
I've narrowed down to this set of gear:
[Image: IMG_0164.JPG]
The mug is full of an artisan soap and is all I use now. The main razor in use is the Merkur HD for my face and the Fat Handle Tech for my skull. The Gold Tech is for special Saturday shaves. I use the aftershaves about equally.
If I had to move to a single brush and razor, I would go with the Merkur and the Vie-Long brush and would be completely happy with it.

3 93
 03-23-2014, 10:04 AM
User Info
Been using the same blade for months now- green 7 o'clocks. They work well for me with a variety of razors.

57 202
 03-23-2014, 03:15 PM
User Info
i try different soaps, brushes, aftershaves every day. but since i found my above the tie razor, all other razors have been ignored!

95 193
 03-25-2014, 12:47 PM
User Info
I always use a Feather in a R89 head, but I rotate the handle.
I ALWAYS rotate brushes, although I use Simpsons almost exclusively, soaps and creams (I use both together all the time).
Things like pre-shave, ASB or skin food I use until they are finished.

0 37
 03-25-2014, 01:10 PM
User Info
I use the same Alum block and aftershave (Superior 70) every day.

Other than that, I keep a small rotation of gear just to keep things interesting.

18 586