03-20-2014, 04:25 AM
User Info
I'm just wondering what are the differences between the two creams? What does Rich mean?Smile

24 1,226
 03-20-2014, 01:56 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
I plan on doing a side-by-side comparison once I finish off the ever-lasting DR Harris Marlborough Soap. I will post here when I get around to it.

144 2,748
 03-29-2014, 08:48 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
Gary, I attempted to do a side-by-side comparison this morning and ended up with a wonderful "Rich" lather from the new Cade Rich Shaving cream, which was exactly the opposite of what I had from the older formulation. The ingredients list on the old formula looks good so I don't know why it refused to lather much at all. I will try again tomorrow with more product at the start to see if it was merely operator error.

144 2,748
 03-30-2014, 04:43 AM
User Info
Dave, when you get a wonderful lather from any product, I wouldn't consider it an "error", I'd call it Success!

24 1,226
 03-30-2014, 03:30 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
I tried the old formula again this morning using double the amount and after working it with my Simpson colonel for a couple minutes I was left with a very airy lather. Applying the lather to my face I knew this wouldn't do as it was magically disappearing before my eyes. I immediately added a half dose (about the size of a shelled peanut) of the new rich formula to the brush and continued to face lather. The result was a very dense, moderately slick lather that provided a nice three pass shave. The old formula might work as a brushless cream, but will only be used as a pre shave product by myself.

In conclusion the old formula is worthless and the new rich formula is good to very good.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

144 2,748
 03-30-2014, 04:16 PM
User Info
(03-30-2014, 03:30 PM)blzrfn Wrote: I tried the old formula again this morning using double the amount and after working it with my Simpson colonel for a couple minutes I was left with a very airy lather. Applying the lather to my face I knew this wouldn't do as it was magically disappearing before my eyes. I immediately added a half dose (about the size of a shelled peanut) of the new rich formula to the brush and continued to face lather. The result was a very dense, moderately slick lather that provided a nice three pass shave. The old formula might work as a brushless cream, but will only be used as a pre shave product by myself.

In conclusion the old formula is worthless and the new rich formula is good to very good.

Dave, this is good! Thanks!

24 1,226
 03-30-2014, 04:20 PM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Gary, that cream I sent you is the latest formula.

178 23,808
 03-30-2014, 04:33 PM
User Info
(03-30-2014, 04:20 PM)Johnny Wrote: Gary, that cream I sent you is the latest formula.

Johnny, yes, I know. It works great, too. Smile In my post, I'm actually wondering what the differences are, between the Cade "Rich" cream that comes in a tub, and the excellent Cade that comes in the tube, but not bearing the name "Rich" on the label. I assume these must be two slightly different shaving cream products?

24 1,226
 03-30-2014, 04:36 PM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Oh, okay. Well, I can tell you they are slightly different as I still have the tub of rich cream. It has the texture of a very, very thick cream. Just barely dab the tips of the brush in the cream then hit the face or bowl. It builds an extremely thick lather in no time.

Scent wise they are about the same.

The rich cream in the tub is a little more moisturizing than the tube product.

178 23,808
 03-30-2014, 04:44 PM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
 03-30-2014, 04:44 PM
User Info
Now I have yet another thing to check out next time the wife invites me (and my wallet) to accompany her to the mall. I'm quite taken with the L'Occitane stuff. I'll be breaking out a new bar of Cedarwood L'Occitane men's bath soap in a day or two.

24 1,226
 03-31-2014, 01:45 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
I just watched the L'Occitane Video on Cade Rich Shave Cream and if I used the amount that the fella takes out (easily 2 TBSP) it would be like the Brady Bunch where Peter added the whole box of detergent to the washer...

I actually only need a very small amount for 3 full passes and a cleanup. It is very moisturizing and makes a luxurious lather.

I have used both my Plisson Synthetic and my Muehle V2 synthetic and they both perform very well, with the Muehle edging out the Plisson in this case.

74 1,503
 03-31-2014, 02:47 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
Gary, I just realized that the new "reformulated" tube also excludes the word "Rich". Mine is definitely the old formulation and not a comparison of the modern tube vs. tub that you sought. I feel like a nut going through all that trouble to answer a question that was never asked. Blush

144 2,748
 03-31-2014, 02:54 PM
User Info
I think my original question could and should have been more carefully worded. Thanks for all of your helpful comments.

24 1,226