05-04-2012, 06:58 PM
User Info
We have a Shave Nook presence on Twitter and Facebook, so why not a Shave Nook pinboard on Pinterest? There are shaving pinboards there already, so we might as well have one, too. Like the Twitter and Facebook pages, it would help draw traffic here and spread the wetshaving good news.

Whaddaya think?

0 303
 05-04-2012, 07:16 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
Although I am not familiar with the pinboards, it sounds like a good idea. Are you volunteering? Biggrin

45 16,352
 05-13-2012, 11:16 AM
User Info
Pinterest requires users to register using a Facebook or Twitter account. Since both Facebook and Twitter require far more personal information than is needed to set up their accounts, I won't be using either service and hence cannot sign up for Pinterest. Hopefully, they will change their signup process soon.

Pinterest didn't really take off until it was mentioned in Time magazine about 9 months ago. I looked at some of the pinboards with links to forums, and there appears to be a way to link to a forum post from a Pinterest-displayed image contained within that post. That is important, as forum members often post pictures that are links to photo sharing sites. Without the ability to link the photo to an individual post, such links would take the user to the photo sharing site rather than this forum.

Anyway, it was just a thought. This is one of the very few wetshaving forums that has free, open, civil discussion AND is quite active AND is welcoming to vendors along with everyone else. Running the forum in that way increases the value of its content, and makes it a particularly important resource for wetshavers of all sorts. Anything that helps get the word out about the Shave Nook is a good thing IMHO.

0 303
 05-13-2012, 12:18 PM
User Info
Maybe I'll point my wife towards a shave related pinboard. She's on Pinterest more than anything else on her iPhone now.

31 7,914
 01-11-2013, 08:43 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(05-13-2012, 12:18 PM)SharpSpine Wrote: Maybe I'll point my wife towards a shave related pinboard. She's on Pinterest more than anything else on her iPhone now.

This is where I know I am getting old. I just cannot keep up with all of the "social media". Whatever happened to Google +? Is it dead?

45 16,352
 01-16-2013, 11:00 AM
User Info
(01-11-2013, 08:43 PM)bullgoose Wrote:
(05-13-2012, 12:18 PM)SharpSpine Wrote: Maybe I'll point my wife towards a shave related pinboard. She's on Pinterest more than anything else on her iPhone now.

This is where I know I am getting old. I just cannot keep up with all of the "social media". Whatever happened to Google +? Is it dead?

Sadly Google+ isn't used like I wish it would be. To me, it's Facebook done right, but by the time it hit, Facebook already had close to a billion members. I will most likely close my FB account this year. The ever changing security and personal information rules and rights are just too difficult to deal with. Most people just give up with FB "security".

129 6,685