03-23-2014, 12:01 AM
User Info
So I'm about 2-3 years late to the party when it comes to the Fujifilm Finepix X100 camera...but then again when it came out it was about $1,200 and this week I picked up a gently used great condition one with a lot of extras like leather case, spare batteries, filters etc..for less than half of that.

[Image: x100_zpsd32b2d44.jpg?t=1395530674]

Spent 10 mins reading the manual...I know...I'll get back to reading it...later...and headed out for two hours today trying it out.

Here are some of the shots from that little-walk around. It looks like it will be really well for street photography.

Any comments, critique is welcome - I got thick skin Smile

Link: http://www.pbase.com/richardzz/day_one

0 338
 03-23-2014, 07:32 AM
User Info
Those are some lovely photos, especially, the one in the cafe with the couch in the photo above. Just love B&Ws.
Enjoy the camera. Smile

82 21,077
 03-23-2014, 08:54 AM
  • BobH
  • Thunder Bay Canada
User Info
Can't comment on the photos as street is not really my thing. I was wondering if the photos were straight out of the camera jpegs or were they processed first? Fuji has always had a good reputation for great out of camera jpegs and those do look good to me.

Bob

0 1,694
 03-23-2014, 09:50 AM
  • freddy
  • Banned
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Absolutely stunning photos! I felt as if I was walking around with you.

2 11,211
 03-23-2014, 10:43 AM
User Info
(03-23-2014, 09:50 AM)freddy Wrote: Absolutely stunning photos! I felt as if I was walking around with you.

Well if you had been walking around with me I hope you wouldn't had minded the occasional stop at the cantinas there for a cerveza or two...I know I didn't mind Smile

Thanks, it was a REALLY fun camera to use and can't wait to take it out next week for a spin again. Good thing about it is that it's small enough to fit in my jacket pocket.

0 338
 03-24-2014, 09:58 AM
User Info
Think I figured out the built-in s/w b&w filters in the camera. This is pretty much straight off the card:

[Image: DSCF0491_zps66b41bc5.jpg]

0 338
 03-27-2014, 09:39 PM
User Info
Starting to really, really like this camera.
Took it with me on the daily commute and annoyed my fellow commuters by snapping their photos Smile

[Image: DSCF0551_zps6660dc46.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0556_zps0e441b79.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0557_zpse791d3de.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0614_zps3e4c494c.jpg]

No photographer was injured during the shooting of these photos Smile

0 338
 03-28-2014, 09:34 AM
  • freddy
  • Banned
User Info
These are really wonderful. Mind you, if you took a photo of me without my permission and then posted it publicly like this, I'd be really ticked off. You did ask permission, didn't you?

2 11,211
 03-28-2014, 10:15 AM
User Info
No and there is no need to either as these were taken in a public space AND the photos are not used for any commercial purpose.
All those wonderful images by HCB, Kappa, etc back in the days were taken using the same rights,
Had that right been taken away from ME I would seriously question the society we live in.

For any one else interested in that topic I'd suggest other forums as there is an ongoing, healthy discussion about it on those sites. Photo.net would be a good first start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 338
 03-28-2014, 10:18 AM
  • freddy
  • Banned
User Info
Sorry, but I'd still be ticked off. In a sense, it is an invasion of privacy. Our culture has become way too intrusive. We are going to have to agree to disagree on this, I'm afraid. However, I won't deny that the photos are superb.

2 11,211
 03-28-2014, 10:46 AM
  • BobH
  • Thunder Bay Canada
User Info
(03-28-2014, 10:15 AM)Darkbulb Wrote: No and there is no need to either as these were taken in a public space AND the photos are not used for any commercial purpose.
All those wonderful images by HCB, Kappa, etc back in the days were taken using the same rights,
Had that right been taken away from ME I would seriously question the society we live in.

For any one else interested in that topic I'd suggest other forums as there is an ongoing, healthy discussion about it on those sites. Photo.net would be a good first start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this is the photography section of the forum why then would it not be appropriate to discuss street photography especially if it is displayed on here?

Very few people understand that they have no legal right to the expectation of privacy when in public.

Bob

0 1,694
 03-28-2014, 11:30 AM
User Info
(03-28-2014, 10:18 AM)freddy Wrote: Sorry, but I'd still be ticked off. In a sense, it is an invasion of privacy. Our culture has become way too intrusive. We are going to have to agree to disagree on this, I'm afraid. However, I won't deny that the photos are superb.

I'll be happy to agree to disagree (this topic has a tendency to get looooooong when discussed).

Thanks for your kind words on the photos. I actually haven't taken photos for quite some time and it's funny how a piece of gear can re-energize you. I guess in a way it's like a new razor or a new piece of soap Smile

(03-28-2014, 10:46 AM)BobH Wrote: If this is the photography section of the forum why then would it not be appropriate to discuss street photography especially if it is displayed on here?

Very few people understand that they have no legal right to the expectation of privacy when in public.

Bob

Sorry I phrased that poorly. What I meant was that forums dedicated to photography like photo.net have a larger audience/interest in those topics so a discussion of the topic would get more exposure/interest there.

All my intent was to talk about a piece of camera gear I just got that I really like and seems to be able to take some nice photos Smile

0 338