03-24-2014, 02:53 PM
User Info
I'd really like to try these soaps, ideally the Original Vetiver but I am curious as to if they are worth it?

I know that some artisan soap makers will custimize the scent but I'm still considering acquiring the Creed soap in wood bowl. That said the reasonable side of me thinks that this would be a huge waste of money given that they are around $85 new.

I know that asking people on this site if it is "worth it" doesn't make a lot of sense...of course I don't "need" this soap but I am curious enough to want to try it...

33 548
 03-24-2014, 05:15 PM
  • Nero
  • Ban Groupthink from Earth
  • le montagne
User Info
(03-24-2014, 02:53 PM)daverasi Wrote: I'd really like to try these soaps, ideally the Original Vetiver but I am curious as to if they are worth it?

I know that some artisan soap makers will custimize the scent but I'm still considering acquiring the Creed soap in wood bowl. That said the reasonable side of me thinks that this would be a huge waste of money given that they are around $85 new.

I know that asking people on this site if it is "worth it" doesn't make a lot of sense...of course I don't "need" this soap but I am curious enough to want to try it...

I am very interested, as well.
I literally just bought Original Vetiver edt (millesime) about a week ago. I am obsessed with this scent.
But I am wondering if the performance of the shave soap is any good?

59 2,805
 03-24-2014, 05:38 PM
  • daccpa
  • Weber fanboy
  • Middle Tennessee
User Info
I will also be watching this thread since I have not tried Creed shave soaps either. For what it's worth I did buy a bar of the Original Vetiver bath soap and it was one of the best bars I've ever used in the shower. And the scent? Awesome. The bath never smelled so good. I have the edt and the soap smell is IDENTICAL. I will say that I may again someday buy another bar but at $40 for a bar of bath soap It will have to be a very special occasion. I would almost bet that the shave soap would be something special too.

18 281
 03-24-2014, 06:48 PM
User Info
I have only used the Creed Santal shaving soap, which is wonderful. Great lather, and probably my favorite sandalwood scent of any soap. Whether they're worth the price is an individual subjective decision. To me my Santal definitely is worth what I paid, which was about $60, slightly used.

207 12,259
 03-24-2014, 08:49 PM
User Info
I'm mostly focused on the performance of the Creed soap as a number of artisan soap makers either make a clone of GIT or can make you a custom scented soap...I think I read somewhere that Tiki made someone a clone of OV that smelled almost identical the EdT.

At the moment I'm leading in a NCAA bracket pool so if I win I'll consider a bowl of the OV Cool

Although it would be great to find a used one...

33 548
 03-24-2014, 09:06 PM
User Info
Not sure, but don't think so - the bowl is very cheaply made......low quality.

The soap is average at best......th scent is great !

24 5,965
 03-24-2014, 09:19 PM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
I use Creed OV and GIT soaps. I will agree that the bowl is a little on the cheap side, but I bought it for the soap, not the bowl. The soap: the fragrances are wonderful, very much what you would expect from Creed and quite similar to the EdTs. The soap performs admirably. Is it my best performing soap? No. Does it provide a good shave? Absolutely. With the Creed shaving soaps you are getting a top notch product from a performance standpoint with an incredible aroma.

Is it worth the price of admission? Only you can decide.

Andrew

43 1,698
 03-24-2014, 10:10 PM
  • Nero
  • le montagne
User Info
Any products you can compare the Creed soaps to?
(hopefully no British products Wink)

59 2,805
 03-26-2014, 07:56 AM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
I have Creed GIT and OV soaps.

They are not my best performing soaps, but they are definitely my best smelling soaps!

I like the soap scents even better than the matching EdT samples I tried.

I must admit the bowls are a little disappointing.

I wasn't blown away by the lather at first, but I sorely under loaded (as I didn't want to waste such expensive soap). Subsequent lathers have been infinitely improved with adequate loading.

I've tried a few clones of the GIT scent and IMO nothing (soap wise) compares. Any brush I've used with them I'm now loathe to use with another product as they smell so damn good!

99 18,011
 03-26-2014, 08:25 AM
User Info
(03-24-2014, 02:53 PM)daverasi Wrote: I'd really like to try these soaps, ideally the Original Vetiver but I am curious as to if they are worth it?

Just bought Original Vetiver soap! I'll post some inpressions.

(03-24-2014, 05:15 PM)Nero Wrote:

I am very interested, as well.
I literally just bought Original Vetiver edt (millesime) about a week ago. I am obsessed with this scent.
But I am wondering if the performance of the shave soap is any good?

I'm obsessed too, soon I'll have the chance to try their soap Smile

Sent using Tapatalk!

3 82
 03-26-2014, 01:20 PM
  • Nero
  • le montagne
User Info
(03-26-2014, 08:25 AM)Groominch Wrote: Just bought Original Vetiver soap! I'll post some inpressions.

[…]

I'm obsessed too, soon I'll have the chance to try their soap Smile

Sent using Tapatalk!

PLEASE keep us informed Smile
Not many gents have paid the price of admission for a Creed soap, so reviews are few and far between, and thus priceless when one comes along.
Eventually, "we" would love to see pics of lather, and some sort of grading (1-10) for some key product performance characteristics.
Anyone want to take a stab over the next couple weeks?

Gosh, I'm greedy!! Biggrin

59 2,805
 04-18-2014, 03:52 PM
  • Nero
  • le montagne
User Info
So I was in Nordstrom the other day and they actually carry the Creed soaps in Original Santal and Green Irish Tweed. My preference in scent is Original Vetiver however, and they did not have that in stock, but the lady offered to order it in for me. I had her hold off for now.

SOOO… SHOULD I HAVE HER ORDER IT FOR ME?
If you look at my BST sale (click), you'll notice I'm not easily impressed in the performance department. Haha!
So, with that in mind…. what do you think? Stay away or give it a shot?

Or… would anyone be interested in a 99% new one (just a couple uses) for $75, if I decided not to keep it? Full price is $85, which is what I'll be paying.

59 2,805
 04-18-2014, 04:24 PM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Matt, IMO you would easily recoup the majority of your investment if you listed a lightly used one on the BST.

As for performance its not necessarily the best soap I've used, but it is certainly not bad and it is definitely the best smelling!

I own OV and GIT. My favourite is the OV.

99 18,011
 04-18-2014, 04:35 PM
  • Nero
  • le montagne
User Info
(04-18-2014, 04:24 PM)ben74 Wrote: Matt, IMO you would easily recoup the majority of your investment if you listed a lightly used one on the BST.

As for performance its not necessarily the best soap I've used, but it is certainly not bad and it is definitely the best smelling!

I own OV and GIT. My favourite is the OV.

Thanks Ben!
Glad to hear you like the OV!

Can you compare the lather you get from Creed's soaps to the lather from another? I guess that's always going to be a difficult question…
but does the lather remind you of anything else?

59 2,805
 04-18-2014, 07:23 PM
User Info
BTW - You can order the Creed soaps from either Nieman Marcus or Nordstrom online...if there isn't a NM in your state you may shave on taxes...you can also use ebates and get a few bucks back on your purchase...feel free to PM me for more info...

I've thought about pulling the trigger but can't...that's a lot of cash for a puck and bowl of soap!

33 548
 04-18-2014, 09:56 PM
  • Nero
  • le montagne
User Info
Lightbulb Gents, I just remembered….

If ordered from Nordstrom:
"Our policy is simple: We'll ship almost anything on our site to anywhere in the United States—even Alaska and Hawaii—for free. No minimums. No kidding.

Don't love it? Return it for free, too. We mean it."
(copy/paste from their website)

Confused Does this mean I MUST? I think so! Biggrin

(They also ship internationally)

59 2,805
 04-19-2014, 10:12 AM
User Info
I used my only Creed shaving soap today, the Original Santal. Although it is fading, the scent is quite good. I find the soap just a little hard to lather, especially with certain brushes, but for me the skin care is great.

207 12,259
 04-23-2014, 12:02 AM
  • Nero
  • le montagne
User Info
I might start being more virtuous Biggrin …. For once in my life I showed a bit of patience by not ordering the Creed OV soap… and it paid off!
I got an email from American Express in regards to their rewards points program. Nordstrom is one of the vendors you can use your rewards points for. And right now, there is a 20% Off sale through that program, where you simply use 20% fewer points than normally.
So, needless to say, I have the Original Vetiver shave soap on the way!
And not only was it free, it was 20% better than free! (they do charge you rewards points for sales tax, but shipping is also free, at least in the USA)

What's also interesting is that I'm pretty sure Creed products never go on sale, via normal "sale" methods.

59 2,805
 04-23-2014, 05:05 AM
User Info
Congrats Matt! Please let us know your thoughts when you use it!

33 548
 04-26-2014, 01:28 AM
  • Nero
  • le montagne
User Info
(04-23-2014, 05:05 AM)daverasi Wrote: Congrats Matt! Please let us know your thoughts when you use it!

Thanks Dave!
It took a little longer to ship, but it's due to arrive next Tuesday.
Totally pumped to check this one out, and I'll share my thoughts!

59 2,805