05-05-2012, 03:53 PM
  • piet
User Info
Hi Gents!

I'm interested in purchasing a Muhle 21mm silvertip brush, something like that

http://www.shaving.ie/products/Muhle-Cla...Brush.html

I would be very glad if anyone can tell me something more about this type of brush. I've got two Omega boars and I'm quite happy with them but when I face lather, on th second and third pass they sometimes can irritate my face a bit. I want to taste some luxury and have a multi purpose brush and when I live Muhle silvertips are in quite affordable price.

1. I would like to know if it's soft on the face and in the same time has enough firmness to work well with hard soaps. I read that it's rather on the floppy side but I wonder if holding it on the base of the bristles can add some backbone to it.

2. Is it shedder?

3. How does it compare to other soft silvertip/super/finest brushes?

4. How does it work with face lathering?

5. What about flow through? I know it's not the densest brush out there but because of that it isn't a lather hog is it?

Those are main questions that i have but every little info will be appreciated.

Thank you all for reply in advance and sorry if my English isn't perfect

piet

0 11
 05-05-2012, 04:22 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Piet :

your english is perfect,my friend,no worries about it.

For what I understand Muhle silvertips are pretty close in quality to the Omega silvertips,having super soft tips and an excellent flow.They dont have an extra firm backbone,but the brush you like,having around 52mm loft,wont be a "mop" either.
If you are looking for a super soft tips brush,this could be the one for you,and its price its a bargain compare it to other brands,even the Edwin Jagger silvertips,which seems shared the same knots of hair.

Im sure that somebody else would bring more light into the Muhle silvertip badger hair brushes,but if they are as good as the silvertip fibres ones,just go for it with no hesitation.

86 7,123
 05-05-2012, 04:42 PM
  • piet
User Info
Thank you so much for quick response! I hope there will be some users of Muhle silvertip and tell me something more about it. By the way, Teiste - after your reviews (outstanding work!) of synthetic fibres (black and silvertip) I started to think if they can be similar to the Muhle badger (user's comparison would be nice)

0 11
 05-14-2012, 04:30 AM
  • Codfish
  • Product Tester
  • Connecticut Shoreline
User Info
(05-05-2012, 03:53 PM)piet Wrote: ...I would be very glad if anyone can tell me something more about this type of brush. I've got two Omega boars and I'm quite happy with them but when I face lather, on th second and third pass they sometimes can irritate my face a bit. I want to taste some luxury and have a multi purpose brush and when I live Muhle silvertips are in quite affordable price...

2. Is it shedder?

3. How does it compare to other soft silvertip/super/finest brushes?

4. How does it work with face lathering?

5. What about flow through? I know it's not the densest brush out there but because of that it isn't a lather hog is it?

I can tell you that I've owned five Muhle STF brushes for over seven month and that I use them exclusively. I have never found a single fiber shed from any of these daily-use brushes.

My former favorite brushes were a 23mm EJ Best Badger and a 21mm Frank Shaving silvertip. In terms of tip softness, the Muhle brushes are in the same league. They are a joy to use with face lathering with all the soaps and creams I have tried. Flow-through and distribution are nearly as good as my Omega Pro 48, especially with the new 25mm Muhle STF brush.

0 254